Aren

Aren:

They threw me bodily into the arena, surrounded on all sides but the one I came from and the one my opponent would come from. Surrounded by humans. I sneered, wiping black blood from my lips and standing up. They wanted me to fight their own kind. It was not right for the man they pitted me against to have to fight an alien.

The doors opposite me suddenly banged open and a young man was tossed casually in, like a ragdoll. He was merely a human, barely adult! I looked on in horror as he stumbled to his feet and looked at me not with fear but with determination. He grasped his sword and met my eyes with his dull human ones. This man stood nary a chance yet still he tried. I could respect that, and upon looking around, perhaps I could free us both.

He came at me like a charging bull, sword a-swinging and sweat flying. I growled and caught the blade between my palms, I gripped it and twisted hard to the right, snapping it in half.

He gasped and I grabbed his shoulders, throwing him to the ground. He roared, scrabbling for purchase on my wings. "Stop," I hissed and he paused.

"You can speak?" He tilted his head at me. I snarled and hauled him up, slammed him back into the ground.

"Shut up and listen. I think I can get us both out of here. Do you see those chains?" I glanced quickly upward before I grabbed his body and lifted him above me. I dropped him into the dirt and he groaned.

"If you're my ally why are you still kicking the shit out of me?"

"Because I have to keep the crowd entertained or they will kill us both. Now, those chains, I am going to throw you up there and I want you to climb to freedom. Understand?" I slid him along the ground, leaving a trail of blood. He nodded and glanced up, before I flexed my muscles and with all my strength propelled him upward.

He made not a noise and caught the chains without difficulty. Now, for me.

Guards came running from every direction, not worried about the human boy. They could get more of him, but not my kind.

I snagged a guards blaster and pointed it up at the ceiling, blowing a hole through the roof, then releasing him. I jumped, flapping my wings maniacly. A blaster caught my shoulder but I ignored it and wrapped my arms around the humans waist, striving upward and outward into warm sunny Earth air.

The boy held tightly as I flapped faster, getting farthur away. But it wasn't long before I remembered my wound. Blood ran in black streams from my shoulder, matting the feathers of my wings and dripping into the water below us. My vision grew spotted, my wings drooped and we tilted. I groaned.

The boy screamed as we fell from the sky.

Feolis:

We dropped from the sky like a ton of bricks and hit the water with enough force to jar my teeth. I immediately started swimming for shore but I paused, looking back at the alien. It had saved me. She had saved me. That made me in debt. I had to help her.

I swam back and grabbed her wing, pulling her the rest of the way. I slid her across my back and then swam to shore where I layed her across the sand, pulling the sleeve off of her shirt to reveal the blaster wound.

I winced at the severity, but luckily it had went straight through her wing and hadn't harmed anything major. I used bits of my shirt and bandaged it quickly, all the while trying not to gawk at her anatomy.

The huge luminescent catlike eyes, the red skin, the black wings, the double digit fingers, the height, the ridged tail. I shook my head before lifting her up and pulling her over my shoulder. I needed to find us a hiding place before they found us again.

It didn't take long. I could remember a friend of mine in this district, one of the very few I actually trusted. I lugged her there, wary of travelers and people watching. I could not let them notice her, but she was so damn conspicuous.

But despite all the things against us I got us there and slammed my fists on the door. When Van answered it he was naked from the waist up except for the blaster in his hand and the cig in his mouth.

His gaze immediately went to the alien I had thrown on the ground to free my hands to knock. "Dude, you have some explaining to do. Get in." I looked at him in relief as he pushed the door open.