The Arival

I arrive at the 141 base. Uneasiness to meet my new team that hopefully are better then the other five teams I worked with before flows through my body.

The team I'll be spending most of my time with concludes of 5 members. Captain Price, Soap, Ghost, Gaz, and Alejandro

I've talked to Captain Price over zoom after receiving over a dozen of his perpetuate emails, clearly expressing his desperation which I can't seem to understand. He has four men on his task force. Why does he want me?

He went through the basics of the base, what the team is like, their history, and missions to come. Each team member was explained by their personality and accomplishments.

Alejandro, caring, highly determined and a committed man, with a wife and kids in an undisclosed location to his team to keep them safe. He possesses a strong sense of justice and an aggressive fighting style, who serves as the leader of Los Vaqueros, a skilled unit in the Tier 1 Mexican Army Special Mission counterterrorism group. Making him a valuable asset to Task Force 141.

Soap MacTavish is a fearless, self assured determined and instinctive hard-charger. He is competitive, daring and always looking for a win. He's an impressive sniper and demolitions expert, also Making him a valuable asset to Task Force 141.

Gaz, he's a sweet man. A young guy at heart, and a pretty strong one at that. Smart, good communicator, and knows when to take charge, but is always a friend when you need one. Judging by the short intro that Price gave me, he shouldn't be a huge amount of trouble

Friends isn't a phrase that I tend to call men. I look forward to seeing how long this will last

And Ghost? Price had a hard time explaining that one over zoom. Prices words were, "He's a hard nut to crack, and any information of him I give you is never enough to explain him. Ghost is quiet, well reserved, and likes to work alone. He's intelligent, fearless, hard working, tough, and given his experiences, he will use any means necessary to take down enemies to protect the peace of the world, even torturing the bad guys for important info. With the shit he's been through, I wouldn't try to pry him to much. Oh, and the mask? He never takes that thing off."
He leans forward

"I wouldn't bother prying him about it. He's shown the task force his face, and that's it. Just be careful around him. He won't hurt you physically, but he'll damn right hurt your feelings if you get in his way. Take his words with a grain of salt. I can tell you're better then any insults he might give you. Just give that big guy some space, mentally too. You don't have to be afraid of him, I'll keep him in check for you"

"I'm a lot tougher then I look Captain. He won't be a problem. I don't let people get in my way nor do I tend on allowing a man to try and do so. Although I do have one question"

"What would you like to know?"

I pause cautiously before continuing

"Have you checked my background? to many bases weren't to happy after they took a look"

"I have. Not everyone here has a very bright history. Now that doesn't mean they've gotten kicked out of over 5 bases"
he laughs
"but I can assure you, I have checked every crevice of your background, leading me to this decision"

"Alright. I'll call when I'm close"

"I wouldn't doubt it. You stay safe Adira, talk to you later"
Prices laptop disconnects from the call and I let out a deep breath, trying my best to prepare myself for what's about to happen