Home sick Pt 2

(Past Skaz here aka me before writing the rest of this chapter, I don't know where I'm going with this. And don't worry once whatever this is settles there will be more fluff. Enjoy!)

Howdy's  POV:
It was starting to get late. Me and Barnaby went over to Barnaby's house where we sat down and I waited eagerly for Barnaby to tell me where Wally could possibly be. "Before I tell you..promise me you won't freak out." He said while twiddling his thumbs. I nodded. "Well a long while ago when me and Wally were just teenagers, we were playing about in the forest and Wally found the book that was on the floor of the basement back at home. I told him to leave it alone but he took it anyway. And for the next few months he had it he was..off. He acted like a totally different person. One day we were having a sleepover and he admitted he snuck out every night with the book. I decided to come with him to the place he snuck out to. I was horrified. It turned out he found the book that belonged to a cult. I won't go into detail but let's just say we got rid of that book and left faster then my dad did. Well..I thought we got rid of it." Barnaby explained looking at the ground.

My jaw dropped. Wally had never told me any of this. "So..you think he's back at the place?" I asked with a shaky voice. Barnaby sighed, "for all our sakes I hope not." He said. I tried to wrap my head around what I had just heard. "Does that mean..we have to go to a cult place..thing?" I asked. "Unfortunately." Barnaby replied. "We should go now. The cult only does its practices at night, so we have 2 hours before sunset and they go there." Barnaby said while getting up to go. I nodded and followed him to the place.

Wally's POV:
Yep..this was the place. I thought as I looked around. God this place hasn't changed since I last came here. If anything can help me figure out what's up with home it has to be here. Oh I forgot the book- fuck sake. Whatever, they're bound to have another copy of it. I went into one of the strange hut looking things and found a book. It was what I needed, I flipped the pages until I got to the one I needed. The page was called 'How to revive continuous objects'.

Suddenly I heard footsteps. I quickly turned around and froze in place. I forced myself to move a bit so I could peek at who or what was there. My eyes widened and a pit formed in my stomach. Barnaby and Howdy!? I told them not to worry, well maybe they didn't read the note but Barnaby shouldn't have brought him here! I quickly ran over to them and started whisper yelling at them. "Are you two crazy!? Why are you here?" I asked. "I could ask you the same thing." Barnaby whispered back. He got me there. Howdy hugged me tightly. "Honey as much as I appreciate this now is not the time." I whispered. As much as I protested Howdy refused to put me down, this is what I get for running away and into problems I guess. Just then, we heard more footsteps and what sounded like talking. "Shit- they're here come on let's go!" Barnaby whisper yelled and we all ran away back towards the neighbourhood.

Me and Howdy said goodbye to Barnaby as we went home. Once we got back to our house, me and Howdy sat on the sofa. "Alright mister, you're going to tell me why you left." He said with a stern look. I looked at the floor. God help me. "Well I wasn't able to sleep because something felt off, so I went downstairs to look at him through the window. It looked..different and so I wanted to make it normal again. I tried doing a ritual myself but it didn't work so I very reluctantly went there." I said not making eye contact. "You did all that to help some house?" Howdy asked. "Hey! It's not just a house it's my friend to..I think." I replied. Howdy sighed. "The important thing is that you're okay. But seriously I'm going to start taking you to a counsellor if you keep running away with no explanation." He said. "Fair enough." I replied shrugging.

It was 11pm so me and Howdy got ready for bed and tucked ourselves in. I turned so that I wouldn't face Howdy. "Heeyy..just because I'm upset doesn't mean I don't want to cuddle." He whined. I giggled and turned back around to cuddle with him. I wonder what will happen tomorrow.

(Foreshadowing OOOooO)