/-/Lava/-/

Cole's Pov:

Cole watched as Kai walked over and knelt down next to the mark again, gazing down at it as if waiting for something magical to happen. Cole looked up at the sky, it had gotten dark, quickly. Maybe I should just try and convince Kai to go back to the monastery? I know the others just left but...it's too dark to study the mark properly anyway. Making up his mind, Cole walked over to Kai. He appeared to be staring at the mark with a hand to his chin in thought. Cole gently put a hand on his shoulder, making Kai look up at him.

"Hey maybe we should just go back. I know you want to study the mark and all but...it's getting dark and your sister must be frantic." He reasoned. He stared at Kai's face hopefully. Had he managed to convince him? Kai stood up after a moment.

"I suppose Lloyd does a photo of it on his phone." Kai mumbled, almost to himself. Cole and Kai began to walk a little down the street, neither one of them wanting to be the first to summon their dragons. Cole quite liked a slow walk. He thought it was calming and peaceful. He noticed Kai huff and glanced at him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Cole questioned softly. He knew if he kept pressing on he'd make Kai angry and frustrated, and that was the last thing he wanted to do. Kai simply shook his head.

"No." He mumbled. Cole nodded respectfully at his answer, not pushing him any further. But that didn't stop the concern that he had felt for Kai ever since he'd broken up with Skylor. They had broken up a while ago, but ever since, Kai had been more easily irritated and his temper had worsened. Kai had been more distant with everyone and had shut down any conversation anyone might be trying to start to ask him why he was like this. So the team had just accepted that Kai had been going through a tough time lately. Cole had tried his best to help him in every way, and would like to think that his support has helped Kai, even if it helped only a little bit. They walked in silence for a while, until they reached the outskirts of the city. Cole glanced at Kai, who with a bright flash of red light, summoned his elemental dragon. He noticed that Kai always affectionately patted the dragon's neck before flying off. Just as Kai did Cole channeled his elemental energy to summon his. He felt the dragon's earth-like scales beneath him as he willed it to fly upwards. The dragon did what his mind said and he felt free. Kai had already flown off and was only a few wing beats ahead. Cole only followed in silence, his dragon's calm breathing putting his mind at ease. As the monastery came into sight he let his dragon falter close to the ground, landing perfectly on the floor as his dragon disappeared. Kai was already on the ground, heading inside to go into his room. Cole definitely knew something was up, Kai would usually always at least say goodnight. Cole just sat at the table in the kitchen, eventually standing up to wash up some bowls that had contained the duck chowder him and Kai had made earlier. 

Kai's Pov:

He sat down on his bed, feeling his knees come up to his chest and his arms wrap around his legs, pulling them closer to his chest. He didn't know how to express the emotions he had for Cole. He didn't know how to tell him. He didn't know what to do. He could feel his heart beating faster. What if he had imagined the looks Cole gave him? What if the earth ninja only thought of Kai as a friend and not a lover? He mentally slapped himself. I shouldn't think like that. He thought, but he couldn't help it. How could Cole love someone like me? Why did i ever suspect Cole had feelings for me? Why can't I keep one fucking relationship? Skylor was right to breakup with me, I need to sort my freaking life out. He thought, hardly noticing when he felt the tears welling in his eyes. He let them slide down his cheek, what was the point in trying to hide them? He'd simply held them back for too long. Kai dug his head deep in the gap in between his chest and his legs, sobbing quietly. When he had walked in no one had been waiting, so he assumed they were asleep, which is why Kai tried to be as silent as possible. He wouldn't want his sis to be woken up to her brother sobbing over nothing. Suddenly, Kai heard footsteps outside his door and desperately tried to wipe away his tears.