3

"I've had too much to drink..." I groaned out and leaned my forehead against Cody's firm chest. I felt it shake a little with a small laugh, before his hand moved to my back comfortingly.

"You never drink. Might as well go hard or go home," he shrugged, and I sighed dramatically.

"I'm going hard and I am home," I pulled back and found his amused gaze in the midst of everything.

"Sofia, God, why do you keep running away from me?" I was turned around by Steph to suddenly face her.

"You keep giving me drinks," I grinned and stepped closer to her, causing Cody's hand to slip from my back. From the corner of my eye I saw a few of his friends arrive by him, and his attention shifted to them.

"Well, this is a party," she rolled her eyes with a widening smile, "you need to come with me, I want you to meet my boyfriend."

"What?" I began shaking my head, "I can't meet him like this..."

We were cooped up in the kitchen of mine and Steph's apartment, with most of the others enjoying themselves in the main area.

"You're fine!" And then the red-haired devil of a woman was guiding me to walk out of the safety of the kitchen, "is Anton here?"

"Steph, hey," Cody called as he realised we were leaving, "don't give her any more to drink, yeah?"

"Yeah, yeah!" She sent him a smirk, before shaking her head almost knowingly.

We left the kitchen and she repeated her previous question, "so, is he here?"

"No, he couldn't come tonight..." I found myself frowning a little. Steph glanced back at me with a faint smile, and gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

"He never wants to spend time with us," she informed me, shaking her head dismissively, "I don't like that."

"He's busy," I brushed it off, mind too intoxicated to even begin to defend him.

It was true Anton had barely bothered to get to know any of my friends. Cody was inevitable, since I spent so much time with him, but even when Anton came over to mine and Steph's place, he rarely spoke more than a few sentences with her.

"It's such a red flag when your boyfriend doesn't bother to get to know your friends," she scoffed quietly.

"Hey..." I gathered up some resistance, "he's shy. We're still going slow, we don't want any extra stress during studies..."

"You've been seeing each other for what? four months already? How slow do you really want to go? Have you two even had sex? I never hear anything when he stays the night..." she stopped in the middle of everybody and spoke over the music.

I couldn't help but laugh and nudge her, "Steph, you don't eavesdrop by my door, do you? You know we've had sex, everything's fine."

"Sure... anyway, this is Luke," she smiled widely at a blond guy standing by us.

"Oh. Hi, Luke," I was a little surprised at his sudden appearance, but gave the tall and skinny blond a smile.

"Hey. You're Sofia, right?" He returned my smile and leaned closer to be able to be heard, "I've heard a lot about you."

I cast a small glance over at Steph, who was gazing at Luke very lovingly. He was very good looking and had a warm vibe to him.

"I've heard about you too," I decided to reply with, a small laugh slipping my lips.

"This is my friend, Jack," Luke suddenly brought another guy in to our small circle. He had dark hair and intense dark eyes, as well as a warm smile playing on his lips.