1

"Are you sleeping?" I whispered almost inaudibly, studying the soft skin on his back which stretched over the drool-worthy muscles visible even in his relaxed state.

My heart rate increased as I received no answer from him besides a deep exhale. He was asleep.

At the speed of a snail sprinting, I scooted closer and closer to him underneath the duvet. The heat coming from his body warmed me up and assured me I was safe, between him and the wall, never to be harmed by anyone or anything.

Without any judgements toward myself, I let myself revel in what I could never have.

I wrapped my slender arm around his waist and brought myself closer and closer, until my front was pressed up against his back and I somehow managed to spoon this amazing being.

I leaned my forehead against his back and let a tear slip my eye, "I love you."

He was asleep, there was no reason for me to feel hurt when I received neither reaction nor answer from him.

My lips brushed against his tan skin, and I found myself kissing his back softly. Before I could stop it, a quiet sob left my lips, and another tear slipped my eye and landed on his bed beneath us.

"Sofia?" His groggy voice made me freeze and retreat my arm from around his body faster than light. Was I truly going so crazy I was hearing things?

He shifted and lazily turned around to face me, forcing me to scoot back a little.

My heart ached when his dark eyes opened just a little, visible thanks to the moonlight streaming in through his blinds.

"Are you crying?" He rubbed his eyes at the sight of my tears, waking himself up more from the deep sleep he'd been in.

I was speechless. The cat had got my tongue.

"I—" my voice broke, and another quiet sob left my lips.

"Hey, shh..." he seemed extremely confused, but still wrapped his arms around me in a comforting and tight hug, pulling me against his hard chest in the process.

I let myself break down completely, tired of loving the one person I could never have.

"Did you have a nightmare, or something?" He pulled back enough to find my eyes. The small smile playing on his lips relaxed me immensely.

"It's nothing," I breathed out, thankful my voice was just about audible so I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

"Is it Anton?" He questioned, voice incredibly deep and tired, before he turned away from me to yawn.

"No, it's not..." I whispered, turning over to my back to face the ceiling.

"If he's a dick, just tell me, yeah?" Cody mumbled and casually cuddled up against me, "I'll fix him up for you."

A small smile pulled at the sides of my lips, while a final hot tear rolled down my cheek.

His face buried into the side of my neck, his lips brushing against the sensitive skin and sending my hormones in to overdrive.

"Stop crying, I want to sleep," his low voice vibrated through my helpless body in gentle shivers, while his thumb raised up to gently wipe my cheeks.

"Mm, salty..." he murmured to himself after a moment, and I pulled back a little to see what he was on about.

He had his thumb in his mouth. His eyes squinted open just as he let his thumb pop out from between his plump lips.

"Did you just eat my tears?" I choked out a small laugh, "that's weird..."

Cody lazily grinned, "I don't think tears are edible, Sofia. Will you tell me why you're crying or will you sleep?"

"I didn't mean to wake you," I cleared my throat and laid back down, enabling him to return to get closer to me again, "sorry."

"I don't like being the little spoon, you know that," his lips brushing against the crook of my neck sent an involuntary shiver down my spine, which I hopefully managed to play off by shifting in my position a little.

"I like being the big spoon, though..."

"You're delusional. Go to sleep," he shook his head gently, before he left a small and feathery kiss against my jaw.

It was purely platonic and friendly, but my body still reacted to it in the most sinful of ways.

__

"Fuck, fuck, fuck..." I was running toward Cody's bedroom with a flimsy towel wrapped around my damp body, my toothbrush hanging from my mouth as I struggled to pull up my panties.

"Damn, will you calm down?" He grumbled out, before burying his face further into the mountains of pillows on his bed.

"No!" I pulled the toothbrush out and rushed over to his closet, "I told you to get up before I left to take a shower. We have five minutes, or we'll be late!"

I let my towel fall down once I had my panties pulled up, to better search for clothes I had left here in the midst of his.

"Holy shit," I heard him mutter from behind me, the bed shifting audibly a little, "what the hell are you doing?"

I glanced over my shoulder, with my toothbrush still hanging from my mouth, to see Cody having lifted himself up on to one elbow while he ran a hand through his hair and tiredly observed me.

"I'm looking for my clothes," I managed to mumble out, careful not to let any toothpaste drip down on to the carpet.

"Why are you naked? You know how easily I get morning wood," he shook his head at me, a completely serious expression on his face.

I pulled my toothbrush out just before I laughed. I covered my breasts with my free arm and turned towards him.

"And now you've got toothpaste on your chin... how is that not supposed to look like you just got a facial?"

"Cody! You're disgusting! Get up, I really don't want to be late..." I sent him a wide grin after wiping off the dribble of toothpaste that had trailed down my chin.

"Top left shelf," he rubbed his eyes and informed me, "your clothes."

"Thank you," I turned around and reached up toward the highest left shelf, where indeed I caught a glimpse of my yellow hoodie.

I stuck my toothbrush back in to my mouth to be able to reach for it with both hands, my tiptoes supporting my whole weight now.

"You're so helpless," his low chuckle caused me to freeze.

Suddenly, I felt his front brush against my back and, before I knew it, he reached to grab the yellow hoodie for me from behind, his other hand gliding against my bare waist momentarily, in an almost intimate way.

"There," he handed it to me and grabbed the toothbrush from my mouth, "now stop being a pornstar and get ready."

I calmed myself down from his simple action which had still caused me to feel impossibly hot.

I quickly slipped on my hoodie and turned around just in time to catch Cody sending me a wink and sticking my toothbrush in to his mouth, before turning around and effortlessly managing to look like an absolute Greek God in his boxers as he began walking toward his bathroom. Lord, his buns.

"Cody! Oh, my God!" I gasped loudly and darted towards him, "that's my toothbrush, Jesus!"

He laughed and managed to slip inside his bathroom, and lock the door behind him, before I had the chance to grab him and show him the fury of a woman whose toothbrush had just been violated.

"You're impossible!" I banged my fist on the door, "you're buying me a new toothbrush!"