Author's Note

Here we are at the end of this collection and I can't express in words how wonderful it felt doing this. When I first came across this contest, I did not think I would participate in it due to my hectic schedule and complete loss of interest in anything. But right the next day, I was publishing my first poem for the first word because it wouldn't stop running in my mind. Participating in this contest was a spur of the moment decision and I really doubted if I'd be able to finish it on time. And it's not just that. The words made me feel nervous when I first went through them in the Google form because I had no idea what I could even write for them. I haven't really been good with prompts, where I have to center my work around it. It's very difficult because for me, words just flow when I begin to write. I don't think it or ponder over it.

But as days passed and with each poem that I published, it gave me a confidence I didn't know I needed. This entire endeavour was exciting and reading other people's entries, which were inspiring in their own right, just enhanced the thrill of trying to come up with something as different as possible. It has also helped conquer both my initial doubts. So yes, I'm really satisfied and happy with this collection. Winters of The Heart will forever remain close to me.

I would like to thank Shivran86,kindawhoresomexoand JulieDove4
for your valuable comments and votes. Thank you to all who have read this book and/or added this to their reading lists.

Love,
Pratyusha