𝔉𝔒𝔘ℜ

[It's morning at Hogwarts, Seamus and Ron are running in the corridors as they're late for Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall. In the class, a tabby cat is sitting on a desk. Seamus and Ron rush in; Anthea is seen sitting next to Neville, Draco on the desk on the other side of her, on the other side of the classroom, Anthea rolls her eyes in annoyance because they're late.]

Ron: Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face is we were late?

[The cat suddenly jumps off the desk and transforms into Professor McGonagall. They two boys are amazed.]

Ron: That was bloody brilliant.

McGonagall: Thank you for that assessment, Mr Weasley. Perhaps if I were to transfigure Mr Finnigan and yourself into a pocket watch, that way one of you might be on time.

Seamus: We got lost.

"How come everyone else got it to class alright whilst you two were late?" Chiron questions yet the two boys say nothing.

McGonagall: Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats.

---

[Later on, inside Snape's potions classroom, the students are chattering, sitting near steaming cauldrons. The door slams open and Snape comes rushing in.]

Snape: There will be no foolish wand waving or silling incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few... [looks at Draco, who smiles] who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death. [Snape turns to look at Anthea, her knowing that he's going to put her on the spot before proceeding to look around the room to find Ron not paying attention.] Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not... pay... attention. [Hermione nudges Ron in annoyance, finally making him look up at Professor Snape. He then walks to where he can speak to Ron more properly.] Mr Weasley. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?

"What in the name of Merlin? That's not even a first-year question. How was he supposed to know that?" Arthur questions earing eye rolls from others in the room.

[Hermione raises her hand. Ron shrugs.] You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr Weasley, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar? [Hermione's hand raises again.]

Ron: I don't know.

Snape: And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?

Ron: I don't know, sir.

Snape: Pity. Clearly not as smart as the rest of your family.

Ron: Clearly Hermione knows. Seems a pity not to ask her.

[Hermione looks a bit surprised as everyone laughs.]

Snape: Silence. [he turns to Ron before walking past Hermione.] And put your hand down, you silly girl.

[He walks over to the other side of the room where Anthea is sat with Draco and Neville. Anthea's posture straightens.]

Snape: Miss Potter... our new celebrity... lets see if you managed a bit of reading before coming to Hogwarts... tell me...

Anthea: [cutting Snape off before he can repeat the questions he's just asked Ron.] Asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful, it's known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar can be found in the stomach of a goat, it's a stone and will save you from most poisons. And monkshood and wolfsbane are the same plant so it's a trick question. However, the plant is called aconite which only grows in the northern hemisphere of the world.

Hades presses a kiss to Anthea's head in adoration and proudness.

[The whole class looks at her in shock at her knowledge.]

Snape: Well... why aren't the rest of you writing all this down? [The students obey Snape and start to write down what Anthea has said. Snape returns to his desk and dips his quill into some ink.] And Gryffindors, note that five points, will be taken from your house... for Mr Weasley's cheek.

---

In the great hall, around midday – lunch time. The students are all doing their homework. Seamus is trying a spell on a cup.

Seamus: Eye of rabbit, harp sting hum. Turn this water, into rum. [looks in the cup before shaking his head.] Eye of rabbit, harp string hum...

Neville: What's Seamus trying to do with that glass of water?

Anthea: Turn it into rum. He hasn't gotten very far and I-

[Anthea is cut off when a flash occurs. We now see that the cup has exploded and Seamus is left charred. Several students laugh at this as Anthea fans the smoke away with her hand. Suddenly, a flock of owls start coming into the hall from the rafters above.]

Neville: Mail's here.

[The owls soar by, dropping parcels to students. Anthea gets two letters, one from Sally and the other is by someone she doesn't recognise. Anthea puts both of the letters in her bag, which she will read later.]

"Did you ever find out who that letter was from?" Draco questions, looking over at Anthea to see her nod her head.

"Yeah. I did," Anthea says, a smile on her face as she turns her head to look at her father.

[Anthea sees the newspaper Neville has put down.]

Anthea: Can I read this? I've never seen a wizarding newspaper before and I want to see how rubbish they're talking about. [Neville nods.] Thank you.

[Neville is unwrapping a gift. It is a clear glass ball with a gold banner around it.]

Seamus: Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!

"What the name of sanity is a Remembrall?" Hecate questions.

Hermione: I've read about those. When the smoke turns red, [the smoke turns red] it means you've forgotten something.

Neville: The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten.

"What use is that if it doesn't even tell you what you've forgotten," Thalia comments.

Anthea: [smiling at Neville] you've forgotten your robes Neville, but we'll grab them before the end of lunch. Now, look at this. Somebody broke into Gringotts, listen. [she reads the article]. Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault n questions, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. That's suspicious. [she says before her eyebrows furrow in confusion.] I'm going to find out what was in that vault, because there would be no way that someone knew what in that vault without someone else knowing.

"And this may be why Anthea got in so much trouble that year," Sally sighs.

[Neville nods] Yeah. I'll come with you and we can all talk.

[Andromeda nods in agreement] Now, let's go get your robes before lesson.

[The two get up from the table and begin walking out of the Great Hall, the screen slowly going black as they turn the corner.]