6.

I ended up leaving work at lunch time again. Rather than going after I had eaten something, I figured it would be better to have something to eat after my visit with Yohan. He had called us friends during my last visit so I was all kinds of excited about going back to see him.

I ended up taking the company's car today as well, Paulie had said I could. He was so supportive and the best friend that I could ever ask for. So with music playing through the speakers and me singing along with it, I drove to the four clover clinic.

I walked up to the receptionist and asked to see Yohan. I was told to sign in and then shown the visiting room even though I had been here a couple of times. Today, I had decided to wear a scent blocker, I have a meeting with a couple of Alphas in the evening and I have had run ins with them before and they were the definition of knotheads.

Thankfully, I don't have to wait for long and soon enough, Yohan walks in holding two small trays. He has a soft smile on his face as he takes a seat and laced one tray in front of me. Just like the other visit,I could quickly tell he had on scent blockers but he doesn't make any comment about me wearing one.

"Hello, Freddie." Yohan said in his deep voice. "It's good to see you again."

"Hi, Yohan. It's good to see you too." I said and then looked down at the tray.

Its a tray of cookies. Different flavoured cookies.

"There was a spread and I snuck some out for you.

"You did? That is so sweet. Can you tell me the flavors?" I asked and he nods.

He points to each one as he mentions what flavor they were but the ones that got my interest were the chocolate pumpkin cheesecake, the red velvet, the birthday cake cookie that had icing and sprinkles.

"I wanted to get you actual food but I didn't know if you might be allergic to something or not." he said and I preened. My omega and I felt like we were being provided for by our alpha and I felt so pleased. I smiled down at the cookies and looked up when there was a sharp intake of breath.

It was then that I realized that the room smelt of peaches and cream. I smelt pleased. And judging by the smile on Yohan's face, he liked it. I raised my hand to my neck to touch the patch of scent blocker that I had put on, it was still there. So why wasn't it working anymore?

It felt like my scent had filled every corner of the visiting room.

I tried the first cookie, breaking it into two before raising a piece to my mouth and taking a bite. The cookies themselves were huge, the size of my hand. I let out a happy noise at the taste. I had not been expecting it to be this good.

"This is so good." I said. "What bakery was this gotten from? Maybe we can add them to our list of event vendors."

"I ma not sure but I could ask the staff for you." Yohan replied.

"That would be amazing. Thank you."

Yohan and I sit and talk and I tell Yohan all about my day and how it was going.

After a while, I garnered all the courage I had and decided to go for it and ask. . . "Can I ask you something personal?"

"Sure. . . "

"May I ask why you're in the clinic?"

Yohan drops the cookie he had been holding back onto the tray and looks at mem. "Well, I get a regulatory check up every couple of months. My alpha gets very territorial and restless and I have to see signed in every once in a while so the doctors here can monitor it and any signs of progress or decline." Yohan said and I nodded.

I had not been expecting that kind of response. And he looked like he was going to say something else but he grabs a cookie and takes a bite instead.

"What?" I asked, ever curious.

"This is actually my last week here at Four Clover."

Oh.

I am happy that hes done with his check up but it made me sad to think that this might be the last time I would see this tall alpha. This might be the last time that I see Yohan.

I noticed Yohan's nose twitch and wanted to slid to the floor at the bitter note in my scent. I try my best to focus on the happy part of what is happening. The alpha is healthy and fine. Fuck, maybe I should put on another scent blocker.

"What is it, Freddie?"

"It's nothing." came my immediate reply. I picked up my cookie and took a big bite.

Yohan's lips tick up to the side as he stares at me. How dare he try to smile in this situation. I would be losing a new friend.

"I thought we were friends."

"We are friends."

"Well, friends don't lie to each other, little omega."

A zing instantly shoots through my body, down my spine and all the way down to my toes. My lips part in surprise but no sound comes out. He has been called omega, little omega by different alpha, betas but no one has ever affected him this way. It made his scent soar with a new rise of sweetness and Yohan looked pleased.

"I'll tell you later."

"Or you could tell me now."

"Maybe after I'm done with my cookies?"

Yohan chuckles and shakes his head at me, in what I hope is in a fond way even though we do not know each other that well. We finish our cookies silently and slide the trays to the side. Yohan leans to the side and pulls something out of his pockets and then placed it on the table.

It was a pen and paper.

"May I have your number, Freddie?" he asked and I let out this happy laugh. "Can I have your number so I can text you when I am out of here?"

"Of course."

My scent blooms and I know that I am smiling so widely. I write down my number and hand the paper and pen back to Yohan who slides it into his pocket.

"I will call you."

"I will be waiting for you call."

The visit ends not too long after that and then Freddie is on his way back to work. He stops quickly at a diner and gets a fried chicke, egg, lettuce, jalapeno and mayo wrap as well as a mixed fruit on his way back to the office so he could have it for lunch. He was so excited and so happy and it shows with the way his co-workers were looking at it and with Paulie asking if something really good happened during his visit.

He waits for a day.

He goes on a date.

He waits for a week.

He goes on two dates with the same person.

He waits for two weeks.

Two dates becomes four.

He waits for a month and a half.

He has a boyfriend.

He waits.

But Yohan doesn't call.