4.

I grabbed my bottle of water and took a sip as I strolled through the email from a caterer filled with their menu ideas for the upcoming vow renewal. I shook my head at this one—too many fish dishes here and... just no.

I was just about to click open another email when Paulie walks in and falls onto the nearest sofa, holding a can of virgin mojito.

"Rich people are so demanding and extra. . . " the omega said as he shook his head.

While I catered to small, intimate ceremonies and events, Paulie had a clientele that was wealthy. People with a lot of imagination and money to spend believed Paulie, who was just as wealthy as they were, could cater to them.

"You are part of them, Paulie." I said, shaking my head at my dramatic friend.

"No, I'm not. I'm a special snowflake." he said with a little pout, hands folded across his chest and over his summer dress.

"The best snowflake." I replied with a grin. "You love planning weddings for the elite, they have the money to fund every idea or thought, you remember the beta bride who just had to have giraffes at her wedding?"

"I loved her. Ugh, she wanted so many things, and I was so happy planning that wedding. It was a sensible one. This couple wants to have their wedding close to an active volcano."

"What?" I asked, incredulous.

"Something about an adventure they always wanted to experience."

"Did you decline?"

"I sent them my portfolio as well as a list of all the countries, beaches, yachts, and secret gardens that they could have their weddings at, and told them to contact me when they were serious." Paulie said with a roll of his eyes.

"I'm sorry, my favorite friend."

Paulie lets out a laugh. "I'm your best friend."

"Yes, you are." I replied immediately. "Do you want to co-plan this vow renewal with me? They're the sweetest couple."

"Nah, I'll just relax until the next client." Paulie said. "Besides the vow renewal, how are you?"

I could just tell Paulie I was fine and move on, but I...decided to tell him about someone I had seen recently. "While I was visiting Emily at the clinic, I saw this tall alpha."

Paulie leaned forward, his face shining with excitement. "And?"

"I don't know. He's really tall and looks nice." I said it with a shrug. "After my visit with Emily, I tried to see him too, but the receptionist asked why, and I just... ran away."

"Aw, bunny. . . " Paulie said. "Do you still want to see him?"

"Yeah. I'm like really curious." I said with sigh. "And I don't know why."

"Maybe it's his scent?"

I shook my head. "I think he wears scent blockers."

"Do you want to go back and try to see him again?" Paulie asked.

"Wouldn't it be weird? We don't know each other."

"If he's not dangerous or something. If anything, you would be making a friend, and you know I would always support that."

I also told Paulie about my scent going crazy whenever I'm at that clinic and even about the instance where I had slapped on scent blockers and yet my scent came out even stronger.

"Do you think it's because of the tall alpha?"

"It might. It might not. Just. . . . don't think too much about the scent, you smell fucking amazing. If I was an alpha I would be all up in your business." Paulie spoke so seriously that I bit back the urge to laugh. "Just go and see him. Try going during lunch, I'll even give you an extra hour off."

"Okay."

"Yes!" Paulie cheered.

Paulie ends up spending an hour and a half in my office before deciding to go to a spa, he needed to get the stress of the demand of the last couple out of his body. He presses a kiss to my cheek before walking away, promising to get me something nice on his way back.

Once my lunch time rolled over, I decided to just go to the clinic. The worst thing that could happen is that I would be told no, and then I could get food on my way back to work. I grabbed a smoothie from the cafeteria on my way out and decided to use the company car, picking up the key from the reception.

I drove to the clinic, singing along to the song playing on my phone. When I walked in, there was a different person at the reception. My hands were clammy and sweaty, my pheromones spreading out, so much so that I attracted the attention of other people milling about the hallway.

"Hi, I'm here to see Yohan Lorente." I said, trying to be as confident as I could.

"Alright. If you could just sign in, then I can take you to the visiting room." She said and is about to walk out of the desk when I stopped her.

"You don't have to take me, I know where the visiting rooms are. Thank you." I said with a small smile, my heart still beating so fast that I thought it was just going to jump out of my chest and run away. I was nervous. So nervous.

What if this was not a good idea?

I signed in and headed towards the same visiting room I used to see Emily in. Immediately I walked into the room, my scent pushed past and just spread, making everywhere smell like peaches and cream. I took a seat and set a timer for 45 minutes.

A knock on the door almost startled a yelp out of me, and when the door was pushed open, it felt like my heart had skipped a beat, and then there he was. Standing tall, he had ebony hair styled off his face, a pointed nose, a sharp jawline, and olive skin. He comes in and stares at me with those grey eyes, and together we chorus.

"Hi."

"HI."