2.

I let out a loud groan when my alarm starts to go off. I turned over to the side, tempted to cover my head with my extra pillow but thought better of it.

I had to go to work.

I reached out,  trying to find my phone which I had kept on my dresser so I could turn off the alarm. Once the alarm was off, I got out of my bed, letting out a loud yawn and scratching at my tummy as I made my way towards the bathroom. Once I got in, I splashed some cold water on my face so I could wake myself up more.

I brushed, showered and even found the strength to wash my hair. Once I got out, I toweled myself dry, blow dried my hair and made my way back to the bedroom. I made my way back to my phone and checked the time. I had forgotten to do that earlier.

7:30 am.

Okay, I had an hour at most.

I got ready for the day, rubbing on scentless lotion before pulling on plain black boxers, a white t-shirt tucked into high-waisted dark blue pants and a cream sweatshirt over it.  I played with my fringe, trying to make it fluffy, rather than just falling flat on my forehead but it seemed like it was going to be one of those days where my hair would not cooperate with me.

I grabbed my satchel and made sure my phone and wallet were in it before making my way out to the sitting room and then walked out of my apartment. I was fairly new to the area but I liked it. It was quiet and I had a terrace.

I made m way down the street where the bus stop is. I was right on time because once I got there, the bus was coming to a stop. I tapped got out my wallet and tapped it against the scanner before walking in and sitting by the window.

I worked for Smiley Planning. They do every type of events, wedding, bar mitzhavs, sweet 16s - yeah, people still really do it and so much more. I loved it so much, bringing the client's vision to life and seeing the look of joy on their faces.

It takes about twenty minutes to get to work and five minutes to get a large latte from the coffee shop across my office building.  It was a little bungalow but it had enough space for all the teams and private offices as well as a little cafeteria and even a nap center.

The owner and CEO was my best friend, Paulie. He had been particular about the nap center. He wanted his employees to have somewhere they could rest.

Speaking of. . .

"If it isn't my favourite staff. . . " Paulie said with a giggle.

Paulie was an omega, like me. He was an inch taller but lithe. He was absolutely gorgeous with his brown hair, brown eyes and vanilla scent. He looked so cuddly in his oversized sweater and maxi skirt. He was waiting at the reception and smiling so brightly at me.

"I don't think you're meant to have a favourite employee, Paulie." I said as I got further into the building, directing my smile at Agatha who has been our receptionist for years. She was also giggling.

"Nonsense. Everyone knows you're my favourite." Paulie said as he made his way closer to me and wrapped his arms around me  as he hugged me tightly.

"Good morning to you too, Paulie." I said, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Good morning, Freddie my baby." He coos as he pulls back.

Paulie grabs my cup of coffee and takes a sip. I said my hellos to Agatha and then we made our way to my office. I set my bag on the table while Paulie falls onto one of the loveseats I had set in my office. My office was a little space, walls, windows, a simple desk with an iMac and instead of the usual stiff chairs, I had decided to go with loveseats.