XIV. Warning! Beware of Wild Animals.

(A/N: I've been away for a while, so long chapter ahead. Have fun. P.S. not edited.)

Over the sound of the shower's water, Eira could distinctively, slightly hear the doorbell, wondering who could be arriving at such an early hour, given the Gilbert girl had already gotten here.

Ignoring her curiosity, she continued with her shower, taking the washcloth to her body, once the sudds were by the drain, she turned  the water off, then wrapped herself in a robe.

Without the rush of water, Eira could hear clearly the conversation going on downstairs, as it seemed that Alaric Saltzman was their visitor.

Pulling down her shirt over her body, she moves towards the vanity to detangle her hair, with it still damp, she blow dried it, then at last headed downstairs to join them.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." She heard Damon say as she descended the stairs, walking towards the parlour.

Alaric visibly pauses upon seeing Eira's frame from over his host's shoulder, she smiled at him in greeting, as she walked around the couch, heading to the cellar, Eira goes to fetch herself a blood bag. She could feel eyes on her as she left their sight.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." She heard Elena's explanation as she walked. Ignoring their conversation, she kept walking.

Clearing his throat to catch both Damon and Alaric attention on him, Stefan continues after Elena's words.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town." Reminding the teacher of their first meeting at the school, when Alaric told Stefan about his relation to Isobel.

Alaric sighs before answering their inquiry, "Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklore and legend but at the time I thought most of which was fiction." He explained.

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon retorted sarcastically.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena was the one to ask.

"Werewolves." Eira announces her return with a glass full of blood, as she approaches the group. Her words cutting off Alaric's.

Narrowing their eyes on her as she approaches the empty chair, she sits on it, shrugging their questioning looks off. Turning to face the teacher, they were met with a nod from the man to indicate the truth of her words.

"You knew." Stefan declares. "Of course, I knew." She doesn't clarify as she takes a couple of sips from her glass.

"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney." Damon protests, making Eira raise her brows at him questioning her.

"Is it?" Stefan counters, "I've been on this planet a hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one." He pauses turning to face Eira "If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon said, making Eira roll her eyes at his arrogance.

"Aside from the obvious. What is it that makes it possible for you to exist, for witches to exist, but not werewolves and whatever other creatures out there to." She proposes, tilting her head in question.

In hopes of alleviating the tension, Alaric asks, "Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?"

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day, but the Gilbert device did, and it affected his son Tyler." Damon explained.

"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behaviour when he fought with one of the carnival's workers." Eira's brows furrowed at that trying to remember when it had happened.