XIII. The Carnival

XIII. The Carnival.

Eira didn't need to wake up to know that she made a reckless decision the previous night, but the thought cemented when she woke to find the other side of the bed cold, indicating it's occupant having left long ago.

Closing her eyes, taking a deep breath, she tries to ignore that little stab of pain that hit her heart, and get through the day as if nothing happened.

Picking up her clothes from all across the room, she saw a few missing pieces making her wince, as they are probably strewn outside, and since luck wasn't really standing by her side, she could bet her life, that Stefan had already noticed them on his way to school.

Rushing through her shower, she then takes hold of all the dirty clothes she had with plan in mind to get them clean, reddening when she notices the bra stuck on the door's frame, stuffing it the bag, she exits Damon's room with the hamper bag in hand to find the younger Salvatore exiting his room, coming face to face, she tries not to grimace.

"You just woke up?" he asks, not finding her voice, she nods. "Well, I just came by to get something then I'm heading back to the school. There's a carnival later tonight, and I'm helping out." Eira nods yet again. "Just wanted to let you know." He trails off.

As he approaches the stairway, Eira was relieved to know that he wouldn't embarrass her for her choices last night, only to take it back with the younger vampire turned with a teasing smirk.

"You might want to check downstairs too," he gestures to the bag in her hand "I would've helped, but I worried I'd come in contact with something I wouldn't want to." He was laughing by the end of his sentence, as Eira's face turned bright red.

Bending to retrieve her slipper, Stefan rushed down the stairs to avoid it, as Eira chucked it at his head, his laughter echoing across the empty house, with the door shutting indicating his departure.

Walking downstairs, Eira retrieved her slipper, then picked up the clothes, she and Damon left behind, although Stefan had exaggerated to embarrass her since it had only been her jacket that was left behind.

__________________________________________________________

Walking through the hospital, Eira encounters Matt, who seemed to be leaving.

"Eira, hey! You headed to visit Care." The boy said by way of greeting.

"Hello Matt, yes I am, is she awake?" she asks, nodding Matt speaks, "Yeah she is." He turns pointing over his shoulder at the room he left a minute ago, turning to face the older woman with furrowed brows.

"But something's up, she's been acting a bit weird. Did you notice anything last night?" he asks.

Shaking her head in confusion as she tries to recall the details of her stay with the young Forbes girl, "No, she had been fine. Perhaps it's some post-surgery aftereffects." Muttering a 'maybe', Matt then bids her goodbye.

Walking to the hospital room, Eira pauses hoping to hear out for anything in case something was really up with Caroline, when all she he heard was a rustle of movement, she just knocked and waited for the girl to call her in.

"Good morning." Eira says in greeting, with a soft smile on her face, "Mornin'," Caroline greets back with a smile of her own, "I thought you were Matt."

"Yeah, I met him outside, he's saying you're acting up. Are you unwell?" Eira asks not beating around the bush.

"He's exaggerating, it's just really sad around here, and I wanna get out." Caroline pouts at that.