V. Erik and Eira

V. Erik and Eira.

(A/N: Eira and Erik are portrayed by Logan Lerman and Florence Pugh).

Winter 994 A.D.

Erik and Eira, the children of Niklaus and Thora, twins in every which way aside from their looks; Erik took after his father's features, but his hair was dark like his mother's, while Eira looked like her mother more, only her hair the lightness of her father's.

Both had the uncanny ability to wake at the same time each morning, with wailing loud enough to wake their neighbours, had they any close to their perimeters.

And Niklaus had the hardest task to quieten them both, since it seemed they'd team up on him. When he'd carry Erik, the boy would stop crying, Niklaus would put him down to sooth his sister, once she would stop crying, Erik would start again, and vice versa.

Thora of course tried her best to aid, but her weakness had restricted her movements, needing Niklaus' help to move up and down the house, what assured her was Ayana's promise, that her weakness was only temporary, only another month or so, for her to fully recover.

It had been hard on Niklaus during the early weeks of her bedridden self, she was barely lucid, yet he was thankful since nothing had been more crippling than the two hours he thought he was losing her after she gave birth to Eira, when he saw the horror on Tatia's face as she held his daughter but still stared at the closed door, which his wife had been fighting for life behind. The three witches had done all they could, and they succeeded, and he could not be more grateful.

"Allow me, my dear," Niklaus was brought out of his thoughts, as Thora spoke to him, he was lost in his thoughts to point, not realising he had return to the room he shared with his beloved, with the two children in his arms.

With her arms stretched out, Niklaus leaned forward, lying Eira in her arms, then adjusting Erik in his. Thora, in his eyes, was a natural with the children, it must've been the maternal instincts, and even as he hated admitting it, not matter how hard he tried, it seemed rather effortless for her. Yet he saw it only viable, seeing as she was the one who spent eight and a half months carrying them, and endured 16 hours birthing them, almost dying in the process.

Hearing the knocks on the door, he knew it was Tatia, that was another thing the twins had timed themselves to, their aunt's arrival. Ever since Thora gave birth, Tatia would make sure to arrive two hours after dawn to help Niklaus with the house chores.

Descending the stairs, he opened the door to reveal the mother with her sleeping child, whom Niklaus had exchanged with his, upon seeing the woman's struggle to carry the four-year-old.

"Is she awake?" no matter how the answer never changed, it had become a habit of her to ask Niklaus, the question. Nodding Niklaus gestured with his head for her to enter, which she did and closed the door after her.

Niklaus took the sleeping Jon, to what seemed to be his room from how much the child seemed to sleep in it. Located next to the nursery, which was between, Jon's room and Niklaus and Thora's bedroom.

"Eira's with her." Tatia hummed her acknowledgement.

Taking the stairs to the bedroom, Tatia entered to find Thora, breastfeeding Eira, as she softly combed her hand through the child's thick locks.

"Hello, love." Tatia greeted, smiling at her sister carrying Erik, Thora greeted back "Hello." Before Tatia could say more, Erik took hold of one of Tatia's braids and pulled, making his aunt wince, seeing that, the boy laughed.

Frowning at the boy's reaction, Tatia turned to her giggling sister "It seems your son is a sadist."

"I think that applies to all children, seeing how they choose to come to this world." Tatia forced a chuckle as she remembered how her sister's experience had been.