¹²

'Come in

'Come in.'-The voice boomed through his ears as he took a nervous deep breath, and twisted the doorknob. 

Entering inside, he was met by the brightly lit office, wooden-tiled floor covered in rug and walls painted a pleasing beige. 

Sitting behind the dark wood desk was Mr. Choi, who had been, as it seemed, working on files before he looked up and his eyes widened. 

A pulse in his jaw ticked as he stood up, letting his swivel chair go back with the force, and as he pointed a finger at the male in front of him, 

'How dare you! How dare you come inside!' 

'Good Evening, sir. I'm Choi Soobin if you don't know my name and I wish to just say a few things before anything else.' 

'Yeonjun hyung came to me.'-Soobin spoke, looking at the male who stood facing the window, hands in his pockets, facing away from Soobin. 

'Just like he came to me all those weeks ago, wandering the streets at midnight, in the wintry weather, all because his sleeping pills were over and he couldn't rest the spiral of his thoughts within.' 

Mr. Choi flinched lightly at the mention of sleeping pills and yet he didn't dare to turn around, 

'I'm sure just like he said, you don't care for him, because otherwise you would have known what he's going through. I do understand that as a parent you wish to keep him safe and protected because he's your son, your child, but you need to understand it sir, even a bird's nestlings, leave the nest the day they become mature to start a life of their own. And they might face difficulties, during which time, they require your support. But holding on to your son like that, like he's a puppet, and making him do what you think is right for him- I'm afraid the nestling will be left broken, or lack the plain courage that is required to build a nest of its own. 

Do you know what Yeonjun Hyung has been dealing with? From his overthinking to anxiety, and the early phases of depression...

Yes, he's been in his own misery for so long, that he forgot himself somewhere on the way, and while you might have been thinking he'd become serious in life, all that while he was thinking of how to disappear. 

Your son wished to disappear, especially during Winters, because the cold and grey outside matched with the gloom and despair within him, on the inside.

I know I might sound crazy, but I'm actually grateful, that we came by each other, and he, found his one and only comfort place. 

I'm sorry, sir. Really very sorry, but now that your son has trusted me with his life, I won't let him go. 

There are many things that I wish to say, but I won't take much of your time. 

You never asked for his dream, which was becoming a dancer and now he's looking on with dread for the first snowfall of the season, knowing you'd be having him as your puppet and not as your son.