²

The cafe was lit from within only by a few lamps, considering it was probably past closing time. The aroma of freshly powdered coffee beans and the sweet and savory delicacies that were settled in the display surrounded the area, as Yeonjun walked over to the counter, standing in front of the boy with blue hair. 

He could see the male looked rather tired, and yet he had that welcoming, almost comfort-filled soft smile on his face, as he looked at Yeonjun and repeated his words, 

'I'm sorry, sir. But it's past closing time...I put the placard out, I think?' -the boy's lips puckered into a small pout as he thought back on it.

'Yes, you did. However...I was thinking if it is possible for you to provide me with something to drink, anything. Even water would work.' -Yeonjun said, his dry voice and blank look leaving the male in front of him rather silent. 

It was silent for a while, with Yeonjun standing at gazing at nothing, and yet the boy stared at him, 

'Please take a seat.' -the boy spoke, his words breaking a dazed-looking Yeonjun out of his reverie, who nodded and walked over to the table, near the window. 

From here, he raised his head, looking up at the ceiling, admiring the fake vines that hung from the roof, the flowers, despite being fake, blooming among the decor. 

Overall, he could, hell, anyone could say the cafe was aesthetically pleasing, almost comforting; 

Wrapping the customer in a warm hug, the heat, and the welcoming look, made Yeonjun feel slightly better, despite the oh-so-normal restlessness that usually kept him within the bounds of his house. 

He slowly, felt himself nodding to the soft tunes that played through the cafe and heard the occasional clink of glasses and a machine whirring somewhere inside. 

His head, balanced on his palm, he took out his phone, unlocked it, and went through the recent texts, all of which consisted of the things he was supposed to do, whether it be meetings, presentations, or simply reading through the required documents.