Chapter 12

Rykers POV.

After my one on one run with Silas I was feeling rejuvenated. I had been busy all day preparing for the full moon run and my wolf was pacing in my mind all day. He was on edge more so than for regular run which was in turn keeping me on edge but my time with Silas seemed to have quelled some of the anxiety.

I was now leading the pack on our run as the moon began its journey through the horizon. I could feel the excitement of the pack in my mind. The full moon run always made the pack feel closer. As we ran under the mighty moon goddess' gaze and radiant light we felt more and more like a family.

It was when the moon was at her highest point in the night sky, the stars glittering when I felt it. The pull. My chest lurched when I smelt him. He smelt of the land after the rain, of fresh baked bread and of a warm fireplace. I turned and there was Silas, making his way to me. Even in bear form he was beautiful, his brown fur glistening under the moonlight. His dark brown eyes, the deepest ive ever seen, shone with wonder.

MATE! My wolf screamed. He was running around in my mind like crazy. We had finally found him. After six long years I had finally found my mate and I wasn't waiting another second. I threw my head back and howled, signaling I had found my other half. The pack joined in. Our chorus lighting up the night sky carrying on the wind. The pack was beyond excited in the pack link. Congratulating us.

I rubbed my fur against Silas's and he did the same to me. I would finish the pack run and then talk with Silas about our new discovery. So that's what we did. We continued the pack run but with my bear close behind me this time as opposed to at the back of the pack. It felt natural to have him so close. My wolf wanted to smother him in love, so I had to hold him back. I didn't think Silas was quite ready for that yet.

At the end of the run some of the pack members went off with their mates to celebrate their love under the full moon whilst those with children went to prepare them for bed. It was a joyous occasion with our wolves at the very front of our minds and spirits. Before leaving however many came up to Silas and i to share their congratulations and well wishes.

Silas was quiet and blushing but he responded with his thanks to each member that spoke to us. He was holding my hand with his much smaller one and was practically hiding behind me when speaking and my wolf found it adorable. He was adorable and he was ours.

After speaking with nearly every member, it was finally time to take Silas to his room and talk about what had just happened. We made our way to the room in comfortable silence whilst holding hands. Little sparks of electricity were coming from the contact. It was soothing my wolf.

My chest was warm and filled with happiness at not only finding my mate but it being exactly who I could picture myself with. I had always dreaded that I would be mated to someone I couldn't connect to but Silas and I had connected before we even knew of the mating bond. It was authentic, it was genuine.

I could barely take my eyes off him. His brown hair, brown eyes, soft pale skin. All in opposition to my own looks. It was funny to think this small man turned into a ferocious bear that looked after himself for so many years. I would make sure he never felt alone again. He would know that he didn't have to depend on just himself anymore.

We made it to his room and that's when an awkward air surrounded us. We were both a little unsure of what to do or say at this point. I didn't want to do or say anything to make him uncomfortable and he was already pretty soft spoken and shy by nature.

"So," I began, my voice teetering on anxious "We are mates!" He nodded his head and smiled softly to himself. "Before we go any further I should make sure you are aware of what mates are?" I had forgotten he didn't have the typical upbringing which was silly since I had literally brought him here just over a month ago.

Silas seemed to ponder these words for several long seconds before nodding his head. "It's a soulmate. Someone you are with forever, someone you share a soul with. We are bonded now." his soft voice held so much certainty my heart nearly exploded in my chest. He knew what we were! I was also pretty certain he wasn't going to reject me!

I smiled, gathering him into my arms for the biggest hug. I placed my chin atop his head and just held him and smelt his fresh scent deep into my lungs. He snuggled into my chest and wrapped his arms around my waist. We fit perfectly.

We stayed like that for several minutes just soaking in our fresh bond and enjoying each other's company. He pulled away first and I already missed his warmth. He didn't run as hot as a werewolf but bears did carry their own unique heat. Was it too soon to say I craved it?

Silas' POV.

I had a mate! Someone made just for me. Someone to share my life with. I was ecstatic. I was a little concerned however because the reason I was left on that mountain was because my father couldn't handle losing his mate and it tore him apart until his death. I still hadn't shared what Lutana had told me with Ryker. There was never a good time to say that my father left me so that he could die. I wanted to bring it up so that I wasn't alone with this feeling but something held me back.

"Okay. how would you like to proceed with this?" Ryker asked in his deep voice, causing slight shivers down my spine. "It's pretty normal for new mates to move in together and get to know each other better but we don't have to do that if you're not comfortable yet?"

I was unsure what I wanted. On one hand, sleeping with Ryker would be amazing. Getting to sleep in those strong arms and with that warmth. However bears are solitary creatures and I don't know if I could give up my territory just yet. He must have seen the uncertainty on my face because before i could even think of a response he was saying,

"How about you stay here tonight and tomorrow I take you on a date? Just the two of us. There's a restaurant in the closest town if you want to go there or we could go for a run, and then you can think everything over tonight and tomorrow. Your room will always be here, no one is taking that away. So if you ever need some time away from me or us that will be available to you."

A date?! He was asking me on a date? What does one do on a date? I had watched movies and talked to people of the pack so I knew what usually consisted of a date but the what if's were swirling in my mind.

Still, a date with my beautiful mate sounded lovely. "Okay" I said, "I'd love to go on a date with you. I'll let you know tomorrow if it's a town date or a run date but yes."

He did a little jump for joy which was freaking adorable before kissing me on the cheek and wishing me goodnight. As he left my room my face was on fire from not only the kiss but the feelings that were trying to shoot their way out of my chest. Was it normal to feel this strongly already?

As I got ready for bed all I could think about was my date tomorrow with my wolf.