Chapter 11

a/n hey everyone enjoy❤️❤️❤️

Silas's POV

I had been in this pack for a while now and was slowly learning how to be human again. It had been so long I had forgotten many aspects of human life. Ryker told me it was okay because I was so young when I had to become the bear on the mountain.

Ryker and I had taken several walks in the forest . I was getting better at walking unassisted but sometimes my legs buckled and I would fall into the snow. Ryker was becoming more and more busy though with the full moon fast approaching. The pack was going for their full moon run, I was invited.

Since shifting back to human I had not attempted to shift back to bear, the pain I felt still lingers in the back of my mind. Ryker and Danya had asked a few times if I wanted to try shifting and each time I had declined. However if i wanted to participate in the run with my wolf and his pack I would need to be a bear.

I had made up my mind to ask for the alphas help when he returned to me for the day after doing paperwork all morning and having several meetings with different members of his pack. He had told me the meetings were about pack safety during their run so I was not going to interrupt that no matter how much I wanted to see him.

Every day that passed the urge to be closer to my wolf was strong. I just wanted to be around him at all points of the day and hear his voice and smell his scent. It comforted me to no end. When he smiled at me or brushed passed me everything felt right in my soul and after so many years of survival I longed for the feeling of peace.

My bear was in agreement. He would chuff gladly when Ryker paid us any attention. For being a fierce bear that kept us alive for those long years he became a big baby when Ryker became involved. He would happily chuff and run around in my mind trying to come out so he could scent the older male and go hunting to provide for him. It was sweet yet confusing. I was unsure why I would be feeling this way.

I was attempting to master my reading when the door to my room opened. I looked up and immediately smiled when I saw the tall older man that was making his way through the door frame. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but return it even bigger.

"Hello Silas, sorry for running a little late today, with the full moon tonight I couldn't really leave all those preparations to Jacobi." he laughed softly filling my chest with warmth.

"It's no problem!" I exclaimed as he moved to sit closer to me and give me his undivided attention. " How did it all go?"

He laid back on the bed and sighed "It went good, just a long morning. What about you, what did you get up to today?" He turned to his side so he could look at me as he talked.

"I tried to read and i cleaned up the room, i did have a question though?" He quirked an eyebrow at me and told me that I could ask him any question I desired. "I was wondering if before the run tonight you could help me shift?"

He seemed taken aback by that question but a smile slowly covered his face and he nodded enthusiastically and told me to get up and we would go work on it in the backyard.

We made our way to the back of the packhouse smiling and greeting everyone on our way. We were stopped several times as pack members had questions for their alpha regarding this, that and the other. I stayed close to him at all times half standing behind him, almost hiding myself. I still wasn't super confident with the pack members but I could sense they meant no harm to me and definitely no harm to Ryker.

We made it to the backyard several minutes later and found our way to a secluded part of it. Due to it being a nicer day out the winter sun shining and no snow falling the pack was put enjoying the slight warmth. With the full moon becoming closer and closer they were all growing restless and excited. You could practically feel the excitement in the air.

"Okay, first I'm going to need you to try to clear your mind and make a tether to your bear, okay?" Rykers deep voice instantly soothed several of the nervous thoughts I was having. I attempted to clear my mind and bring my bear forward and he was immediately uber excited at the prospect of coming out once more.

"Okay now imagine yourself slowly shifting, imagine the hair growing, the fangs forming, the claws coming out. Imagine every inch of the process and then call your bear forward and he should be able to start the process. To change back we do the same thing but with our human form rather than our animal side okay?"

I was imaging my hair slowly growing and fangs forming and as I did so I called on my bear and he immediately swung into action. I felt the change happening at once. It was a slower process than it should have been due to my inexperience with shifting but it was still much quicker than the several hour process that happened last time I shifted. This only took around two minutes thankfully.

I looked back at Ryker, I was back to looking nearly eye level with him. I forgot how big I was as a bear. I chuffed happily being back in the body I felt comfortable and safest in. It had kept me safe for so many years. My bear soul was beyond happy and wanted to go scent the perimeter immediately.

Ryker laughed making his way over to me and running his large hands through my fur making my bear melt under his fingertips. He was such a softy for this man. "Would you like to go for a run, Bear? We have about an hour before we have to be back for the pack run. Should we go for a quick run?"

My bear chuffed and nodded immediately excited by the prospect of running with his alpha. So that's what we did we ran. We ran through the gorgeous pines that scent tickled my nose. We ran through the snow that had fallen last night. Its frost making itself known on my paws. Rykers land is beautiful and I felt so connected to him running like this.

We stayed out until we made it back to the pack house for their run. I was already exhausted, bears are not known to just keep running. However I would walk with the others of the pack that didn't run. Ryker would be up the front so I'm glad we got to enjoy some personal time before the pack run.

—---------------- small time skip—---------------

The moon was now high in the sky. Gracing us all with her radiant light. The pack was exhilarated. They were jumping around and waiting for alphas orders to run. The excitement was making me a little nervous but I was trying to put on a brave face.

Ever since the moon had risen my bear was walking circles in my head and boofing slowly. I was unsure what was wrong with him but it was putting me on edge. That's when I smelt it. A deep smell on the wind that reminded me exactly of my mountain home. It was the scent of the wind through the trees and grass, the smell of fresh bark falling, of snowflakes dancing on the wind. It was the scent of my home.

I was trying to find where the scent was coming from. I kept running faster and faster chasing the scent until I was at the front of the pack run. My bear was making a whining sound, missing its home and needing to locate the scent. A wolf came into view black and huge with glowing yellow eyes. I knew at once it was Ryker, he was the one producing the scent.

MATE my bear screamed at me causing me to falter.

Ryker turned to me to see what was wrong and immediately stiffend taking in a large breath. He then howled, causing a chorus to follow along suit.

He was signalling to the pack he had found his mate. Me.