1͓̽2͓̽)❤️𝙿𝚘𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛!𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚊 𝚡 𝙵!𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 (𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 2)

sophia_helmuthh

It had been around 2 months after Lauren ruined Hortensia. You had swapped places. You started to gain popularity, though mostly from pity, and she was a quiet kid with a couple friends out of school. Even after what she did, you couldn't stand to see her like that. Everyday, she sat alone at lunch, sat in the corner for all of recess, and always worked alone in group projects. It hurt you to see anyone in the position that you were once in. Being lonely wasn't fun, you knew that well enough.

-----
(Your POV)
It was morning, and I was hanging out with my new friends. As usual, I was slouched so that I would match their height. They were engaged in a conversation while I spaced out. I saw Hortensia where she was everyday, inside the statue. She looked towards me with regret as we made eye contact. I hated myself for what I said to her. I couldn't leave her just like-

<<Hello? Are you listening?>>

A blonde girl, named Emily, snapped her fingers in my face.

<<Oh! Yeah, sorry. I just got distracted.>>

<<Thank you. Anyways->>

Although I could see her mouth moving, I couldn't hear her. Or, I didn't want to hear her. I couldn't tell. My thoughts were just clouded with Hortensia. She looked so lonely. As much as I resented what she had done, I wanted to be friends with her again. I looked back at Emily, trying to pay attention. Before I knew it, the bell rung and everyone crowded around the entrance. I started my walk towards the big ark. I paused and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes and mentally hyped myself up for the long day I would have.

-----
It was now lunchtime. I walked behind my "friends" slowly. I didn't think that any of them actually liked me. They just wanted to be popular. But, I never dropped them. I couldn't do that to them when they haven't done anything wrong. I was just overthinking. Yeah, overthinking. They each grabbed a tray and got their food before taking a seat at an empty table. I was about to follow suit when I looked to the side. Hortensia was sitting alone, facing us. I thought back to the time Hortensia sat by me. I looked between her and my friends. They stared at me with anticipation and confusion.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I walked over and placed my tray in front of her. She looked up at me as I sat down with a smile.

<<Y/n?>>

<<Hey, Tensia.>>

She dropped her spoon.

<<What's going on? Is this a dare?>>

<<What? No! I'm not that kind of person. You should know that!>>

I playfully punched her arm with a smile.

<<I know how you feel. Being lonely sucks, I know that well enough.>>

<<Why are you doing this.? After what I did to you..>>

<<Well, everyone deserves a second chance, they just gotta be willing waiting for it. You've waited long enough, no?>>

She stared at me before looking down.

<<Listen, what I did was bad. I shouldn't have->>

I placed my hand on hers with a warm smile. She cut herself off with a sigh.

<<You know what, whatever you say. I missed you.>>

We made eye contact. For a moment, it felt like time stopped.

Maybe things will go back to normal.

Maybe not.

<<Awe, what's this? A reunion?>>

Emily and a couple of our friends walked up to us. I twisted myself around to see them.

<<Hm? I'm just trying to->>

<<You ditched us for this loner?>>

Hortensia clenched her fists and looked down at her tray. I could tell she was about to say something really nasty.

<<Hey, she is not a loner.>>

Hortensia lifted her head and looked at me. I had never talked back before.

<<Oh? You're defending this little->>

As soon as I heard her about to insult her again, I spun around on the bench and stood up to my full height, towering over her. I was taller than kids my age, and right now, I could take advantage of it.

<<This little what, Emily?>>

She was speechless, not expecting me to intimidate her. I had always slouched around her to match her height, so she didn't expect me to be so tall.

<<Exactly. Shoo, twit.>>

I got closer to her face.

<<W-whatever.>>

She speed walked away with her friends. It felt as if someone was controlling me. I slowly turned around to Hortensia. I sat down and slouched once more. I grabbed my hair.

-----
(Hortensia POV)

<<What did I do..>>

<<You stood up for me! It's called confidence.>>

I smiled at her with shock and a slight blush.

<<I have to apologize->>

<<She'll be fineee.>>

<<I called her a twit! I can't just do that without feeling sorry, you know that, Tensia! I'll just be a second, I swear!>>

I rolled my eyes with a grin. I plopped my head in my hand.

Some things never change.

Words: 𝟿𝟶𝟿

kinda short 😰

i've been typing this book on my phone this whole time

but

im finally getting a keyboard !!

so my thumbs wont fall off 😻

i play clarinet too so it makes it harder to type 😿

iykyk 😔

i think that i can post chapters more often with a keyboard tho so we 👍

have a wonderful day / night / morning !! 😘