1͓̽1͓̽)💙𝙿𝚘𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚛!𝙷𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚊 𝚡 𝙵!𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

sophia_helmuthh

You were an introvert to say the least. Some people thought you were weird, some didn't even know you existed. You minded your business due to your shyness. The popular people at your school liked to pick on the quieter kids. Unfortunately for you, a group of girls places a dare upon you.

-----
(Hortensia POV)
It was a new school year, and all we were doing was review in class. I spun my pen while whispering to some of my friends. I stared at the clock in the corner of the class. Finally, it was almost time to leave this boring class. The bell rung and I stood up. I stretched as I started to pack up. It was time for lunch. I walked to the lunchroom with my friends. I was in the middle of all of them. We gossiped on our way to the cafeteria. After we got our food, I made my way to a table at the back. It soon got crowded after I sat down. One of my friends, Lauren, started a conversation. She leaned in towards me.

<<Hortensia!>>

<<Hm?>>

I looked up to her with a spoon in my mouth.

<<Truth or Dare?>>

<<Dare, obviously.>>

I smirked, taking another bite.

<<I dare you to ask y/n to hangout.>>

I choked on my food for a second before recovering quickly. The girls around me laughed as I stared at Lauren.

<<The weirdo?>>

I pointed to a girl across the lunchroom. She was alone on one side of a table, her back facing us. Lauren nodded while giggling.

<<Lauren please..>>

<<I'll give you a 20.>>

<<...only for the money.>>

I stood up with a sigh, grabbing my tray. I glared at them while dragging my self to the lonely girl. I dropped my tray in front of her, causing her to flinch.

<<Sorry, did I scare you?>>

I questioned with fake concern. She looked up at me, her surprised expression falling quickly.

<<Oh, it's okay!>>

She shook her head and continued to eat. I looked behind her at my friends. They laughed and I glared at them. The air was thick and awkward. I plopped my head in my palm and picked at my food.

<<If you don't mind me asking, why are you sitting by me?>>

She leaned back slightly and looked at me with a questioning look.

<<I saw you all alone and felt bad.>>

<<It's fine, really! If you want to sit with your friends you can. Please don't feel bad for me.>>

<<I'm gonna sit by you, okay?!>>

I said, a little too loud. She flinched once more before smiling at me happily.

<<Okay! So, how was your day?>>

Wow, she was nicer than I thought. Maybe this won't be so boring. I smiled back at her and put down my fork. We talked until the bell rung. She wasn't like my other friends. She was funny in a different way. She didn't make fun of people, she had actual humor. I found out that we had lot more in common than I thought. After the bell rung, she offered to walk me to class.

<<We should hangout. You free tomorrow?>>

I asked.

<<Yeah, I am!>>