8

You install the last pillow inside the castle with Seokjin's help before sharing a satisfied smile, this feels pretty complete to you and he seems to feel the same way when he makes a soft sound at the sight in front of him.

"What do you think, Seokjin? Have we done enough?" you ask the caracal who nods eagerly in answer, tail slowly swaying behind him.

All this working by your side made him forget about the storm, and with the thick layers of blankets that make the enclosed space that you call a castle, he barely hears the thunder anymore, which is a lot more than he was expecting out of this.

The nest he made with your help promises him cuddles and he can't wait to get them in the safety that it offers.

You crawl out of the large space first - not without a tired grunt - to find the other hybrids keeping themselves busy the only way they can with their tasks done - by finding the movie that you're to watch inside the castle, the four of them gathered in front of your laptop with tilted ears and curious eyes.

"You can get in now, guys, the castle is ready. I'm going to get us the snacks in the meantime so make yourselves comfortable first, I'll be back soon" you let them know right as the storm hits the roof, and you shake your head when the three predators urge the two preys inside with urgency.

You grab the boxes of cookies from the pantry, the few bags of crisps you hadn't opened yet and even get started on boiling some water to make hot chocolates before organizing everything into separate bowls, and when you remember about your special drawer of chocolates, you pinch your lips before heading to your bedroom to get enough for everyone.

You can always buy more and restock it later.

When you walk back to the kitchen, it's to find Jimin and Yoongi waiting for you with an obvious impatience to their stance, their need to join everyone in the castle fighting with their need to keep an eye on you, they truly don't have it easy tonight.

It's not hard for them to understand that you'll be done with your tasks faster if they help you, so when you tell them that the snacks are good to go, they quickly bring the bowls to Jungkook and Taehyung who wait at the entrance with open hands, the food handled with care and settled by the nest for easy access, their eyes round because they still struggle to adjust to this abundance that they didn't have just a few hours ago.

In the meantime, you get started on the hot chocolates once the water boiling, six large mugs filled safely to avoid an accident that would burn sensitive skin when you're all seated in the sea of blankets, and satisfied with the final look when you add some whipped cream to the top, the two hybrids help you once more by bringing four of them to the castle with careful steps, two mugs in your own hands.

Seokjin is waiting for you this time, the hot drinks taken from your hands before the black swan helps you inside with a gentle smile, and you're surprised when he leads you to Jungkook in the middle of the nest for a tentative cuddle that warms your heart, they're so, so very soft.

You shift a little before feeling the ticklish feeling of feathers against your back, and when you look behind you, you stare in wonder at the black and outstretched wing nestled behind you, Taehyung's pink cheeks letting you know that this isn't a common thing to do, and when Jungkook sighs happily by hugging your arm to his chest, your heart fully melts.

Seokjin helps Yoongi and Jimin inside, and you accept the mug handed to you, as the two preys do as well, a soft thank you on their lips before they begin to sip on the hot liquid, eyes creasing in delight when the taste pleases their tongue.

It doesn't take too long from there before your trio gets surrounded by three predators, Yoongi right behind you while Jimin settles behind Taehyung, and when Seokjin sits behind Jungkook who suddenly looks incredibly small, they pull you back against them so that you can all snuggle close.

You didn't know that you would be right in the middle when you offered to watch a movie in a nest, something that you hoped would calm them even though you weren't exactly sure how to make one, but it's a welcomed feeling, their warmth enveloping you softly as you sip on the hot chocolate.

"Is this the movie you want to watch? Was everyone happy with it?" you ask them while using your feet to get the mouse, something that makes Jungkook giggle, and when they all hum in contentment, you smile before getting it started, it's going to be a sweet night indeed if this is what you're going to watch.

"Feel free to eat what I prepared, just... make sure to stop before you get sick, okay?" you warn them when the sound begins to play from your laptop, and they chirp sweetly before beginning to take what caught their attention first, the atmosphere that surrounds your lot so gentle that you would most likely cry if you weren't currently so comfortable in their arms.

This is how hybrids need to be treated, this is how happy they need to be - everyday. You saw abuse from so close when you were young, and it hurt you just as much as it hurt that poor soul, so this moment you're sharing with them right now?

It means the world to you.

When the first dozen minutes of the captivating movie have passed, you're the first one to fall asleep, and the five hybrids all take it to heart that you are as comfortable as possible, the cushions as well as their bodies used for your personal use.

You worked so hard so that they would get through the night without being scared, but instead by having fun. The first human they have ever met who made soothing their fears a priority, right above your own needs.

Anything you will ask of them, they will do their very best to accomplish, anything to see your smile.

They just want to make you proud, they need to earn this gentleness that you keep giving them without even a second thought.