4

You're cooking something in the kitchen when you hear someone exhale softly behind you, and when you turn around to see who this could be, you find Jimin smiling at you as he rests his elbows on the slightly cracked kitchen island, his sweat making his long bangs cling to his forehead.

"We're taking a little break so I thought I'd come check in on you and see what you're doing. This smells good by the way, what are you making?" he asks sweetly, and you turn your gaze back to the stove to stir the food before it burns.

"Kimchi fried rice, I thought the three of you would be hungry after moving heavy furniture around, I hope that's fine. Also... aren't you done by now? I thought there was only the bed and the dresser to get down the stairs, didn't you do that already?" you ask back with a light frown when you remember the heavy sounds from earlier.

"Oh. Well... we're moving everything down. Yoongi and I will use the two bedrooms facing yours, it didn't feel right to stay up by ourselves. Kimchi fried rice sounds good, we were getting hungry so it's perfect" he answers you simply and you pause the stirring before turning off the stove, lips pursing in guilt.

"I'm sorry, I guess I should've asked where you wanted your rooms before the moving company came by... moving my bedroom upstairs would've been easier to do" you utter softly as you turn around to look at him again, but he quickly denies it with a wave of the hand, his tail tensed behind him.

"No! No, it's fine, seriously. Don't worry about it, you had good intentions. It's just in our instincts to want to be near the doors in case anything happens, it's not your fault so don't overthink it, I promise we don't mind" he assures you gently, to which you nod slowly before pointing at the food in the pan.

"Alright then, I'll take your word for it, Jimin. The food's ready so... do you want to eat now? Or should I serve the plates later when you're done?" you ask a bit louder for the others to hear you, and Yoongi peaks inside the kitchen to stare at you at this exact moment.

"Once we're done, Jin said that there's only one bed left to bring down. We'll need you Jimin, think you could come back?" the panther asks, and the puma nods before winking at you as he saunters away.

"You heard them, we'll be fast!".

You chuckle before putting the lid back on the pan to keep the food warm and then walk out of the kitchen to have a sight on the staircase where you find them working together to bring down the remaining bed, Jimin supervising their feet while Yoongi and Seokjin hold the heavy without looking like they're struggling the slightest bit.

"Can I help with anything?" you find yourself asking despite knowing that Seokjin doesn't want you to take part in this, and as you thought, the caracal shakes his head while his piercing eyes fall on you, as if to make sure that you're not going to disobey him.

You blink under his gaze, a little intimidated, you feel like the owner of this house changed from the moment he stepped foot inside and you're having a bit of a hard time getting used to the feeling.

You adopted them, so why do you feel like it's the opposite that happened?

"You can stay right where you are, babygirl, we're doing fine" Seokjin answers before focusing back on his task at hand, and you flush from head to toes, a gaping fish with a stuttering heart that makes your pulse go out of control, b-babygirl?

Where the hell did that come from?!

"O-o-okay. I'll... uh... okay" you utter, your brain unable to come up with anything better, it makes the eldest hybrid bite back on a pleased purr, ears fluttering gently on the top of his head just as he reaches the floor with Yoongi to put the bed in the last bedroom.

Jimin grins when he finds you turning in circle all flustered before running back into the kitchen, and even Yoongi releases a small chuckle at the sight.

The three of them find that the more they observe you, the cuter you become in their eyes and the more they feel like protecting you.

Having your bedroom surrounded by them isn't only because it's on the main floor, it's also for the simple reason that they like having you cornered by them. They like knowing that you are within their protection, where it's safe. Dangerous strangers will have a hard time reaching you and that's all that matters.

Your hands are almost shaking due to your nerves as you get the plates ready, some of the rice spilling onto the counter when you hear them walk over to stand behind you, and your heartbeat is terribly loud in the silence that follows, their gaze burning on your back while you try to appear as normal as you can manage.

Yeah, you're not doing too well.

Jimin steps closer until he leans in towards your ear and you freeze when you feel his breath against the shell, his next words clearly spoken to taunt you, to get a reaction out of you.

"Babygirl, could you possibly be shy right now? Do we make you feel nervous?".

You grit your teeth when you fail to fight against the blush that attacks you once more as you clear your throat, not trusting in your voice at the moment, and the puma giggles proudly before stepping back to join the two other hybrids who look at you with a glow of contentment in their eyes, the feeling of a purr vibrating in their chest.

You're confident and you know what you want, they know that, but they can see that you're also incredibly vulnerable to their dominance and they absolutely love that.

No... even love is not strong enough of a word to describe how they adore the effect they already have on you. Their instincts are preening at the knowledge, it makes them want to coddle you, to treat you like a princess, they'd certainly give you the world if they had the means to.

It's happening faster than they thought it would, but they're not going to resist this - they have no desire to resist you.

They're going to cherish the day you appeared at their door forever.

"Y-you should eat before it gets cold, here".

You almost throw the plates in their arms before running away and out of reach to your stolen bedroom so you can grab your clothes to move them into your new closet before reorganizing your belongings, leaving behind three men who stare at the food with a newfound reverence for you.

"This... she made this only for us" Jimin murmurs, and Yoongi's tail slowly curls around his own to share the emotions currently flooding their soul.

Gratefulness, admiration, respect, it stirs their need to make you proud, it strengthens their desire to make sure you do not regret adopting them and it makes their fingers itch to hold you close while they stake a claim on you.

Hopefully their scenting your blankets earlier will manage to get some of their scents on you but they'll have to think of a way to get a more vivid amount on your skin in the coming days because they have to let everyone know that you are theirs.

They can't promise that they wouldn't growl at someone approaching you at the moment so anything they can do to avoid that... they'll do it. They don't want to behave like dangerous animals around you, they don't want to give you a reason to be scared of them.

You treated them like regular people and they don't want you to regret it. Anything but that.