Alice in Wickedland

Chapter 1: falling down

Notice: This is a loose take off of Lewis's Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.
This chapter has been completely rewritten. I recommend you reread it since the entire chapter has been changed. A/N at the bottom. Love you all! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

People were bustling around the city at this hour, crowding stores and buying whatever they could get their hands on. I shivered as the cold air hit my body, making me freeze to death. I silently wished that I had a jacket with me, but I knew that wishing wasn't going to make me any warmer.

"Alice? Are you ok?" I looked towards my friend, Dinah, and nodded. She and I had been friends since the second grade, ever since I pushed her into the swimming pool at the "Populars" party. Yes, that's how we met.

Pointing towards one of the stores, I looked at my friend and asked, "Is it ok if we go into there for a second? I'm feeling a little chilly" Of course, With Dinah being the sweet friend that she is, she agreed.

I pushed past a few people and made my way to the restrooms, feeling overly sick and exhausted. I pushed open one of the stalls and strode in, knocking the seat cover down and plopping onto it, sighing in content with the pressure being taken off my feet.

So warm... So exhausted...

I leaned my head back, moaning as I did so.

" I REALLY don't want to go back out there"

"Suck it up, Buttercup! I still got 200 dollars here"

"Ughhhhh Dinah... I'm not a shopaholic like you are..."

"And you still need a dress for homecoming. Come on, girl!"

I could hear her heels clacking out of the restroom, me following shortly behind her on her trail.

She turned to me, flawless as ever. No wonder she's been homecoming queen for the past 3 years...

"We, Miss-I-Don't-Do-Dresses, are putting you in a dress, and then hunting down some cute boys"

I sighed internally. Dinah already knows how I feel about this.

"We are. Finding. Cute boys. No But's about it." She smirked.

"But... I'm not really in the department for looking right now, if ever."

It was never something I really talked about but the idea of romance... Had no appeal to me. While most girls were already playing around in bed with the boys of their choice, I just... Didn't understand. It made me gag. Romance was not a pleasant idea for me. Never has, never will.

"Awwww please Alice? For me? Just give it a try. You've never gave it a chance. Besides. Just because you don't mind being single doesn't mean I don't either!"

"Fine... Just... No dress?"

"Were doing the dress."

"Ugh"
__________________________

I stumbled on the sidewalk, black heels clacking loudly as I tripped over my two own feet.

The blue and white dress I now owned, courtesy of Dinah, of course, was on it's way to already getting dirty and torn to shreds.

"I'm going to FALL Dinah!"

"Just hold on to- ohmygodlookoverthereohmygod"

I furrowed my brow. What? What was she looking at? Wait, where is she even pointing at?

"Where am I even looking?" I grumbled

"He. Is so. Hot."

Ughhhhhhhhh