Chapter 1- The meet

"GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW ASHLEY!" Mom said. "Coming mam!" I yelled down and hurried so she wouldn't get mad at me. Hi my name is Rose Cooper, I am an only child living with my mom. She can be quite violent with me sometimes but that's only when she's drinking or upset and needs a punching bag. I am 17 and a junior in highschool. I tend to keep to myself and stay away from people. I only have two best friends, Marissa and Jake. We have been friends for as long as I can remember.

It's monday which means I have school. I got up around 5 not being able to sleep from my mom coming home drunk at night and taking it out on me. They don't hurt as bad anymore as i've gotten used to it but still it takes a toll on me. I left the house around 6:30 so I could get out of the house and to school on time because I walked. Mom said I can't drive because I will run away.

I got to school around 7 ish and went to the library till the first bell rang. I try to go to the library everyday, it's my safe place. When the first bell rang I went to my locker to get my books for math. I saw Marissa and Jake there waiting for me. Marissa ran up and hugged me tight, I winced from the pain of last night.

It was now third period and I ran into my bully Jessica, she likes to beat on me too. I just let it happen because it's nothing I'm not used to by now. "Hey fatty I told you to stay the fuck out of my damn way." "I'm sorry I didn't see you." I put my head down and tried to walk away but Jessica pulled me back and started punching and kicking me. "THAT'S ENOUGH" I heard from down the hall. "Vincent, I didn't see you there." "Back the fuck up right now jessica thats enough."

She finally left me alone. I looked up and saw Vincent Black one of the popular boys. I hurried and got my stuff and ran to the nearest bathroom. I heard footsteps behind me but didn't bother looking who it was just in case it was Jessica. I finally got into the bathroom and fell to the floor and started crying. I heard someone walk in and lock the door but I know better than to look up.