🄲🄰🄽🄴 🄲🅁🄰🅉🅈

Sprig, Anne, and Y/n were observing the latter two's items. Anne had a bike pump, notebook, pens, pencils, an eraser, a nail clipper, and her tennis racket.

Y/n's inventory consisted of water, a ton of snacks, assorted hair-care products, a handheld game system, a power bank, a wallet, and a small ball.

"Wow, N/n, that's a lot of food." Sprig mentioned.

"Uh-huh. I couldn't really eat at home."

"Oh." Anne replied.

Sprig's eyes drifted over to the nail clippers. "Uh, what's this? Ah... I get it, a torture device." He clicked it.

"Toenail clipper. Close enough, though." Y/n chuckled.

"Oh, okay, okay, what about this?" He held up Y/n's wallet, opening it and looking at a penny.

"Don't.." She started, but Sprig popped the coin in his mouth and his face wrinkled.

"You shouldn't put our human stuff in your mouth. If you have to know, it's my wallet." She sighed.

"And this?" He held up Anne's cat pen and clicked it. "Oh, I love this. This is amazing."

"You know what? You can keep it." Anne replied. A bell rang from the kitchen.

"Kids! Chow time!" Hop Pop croaked. The three went upstairs and all four of them banged on the table.

"Hold on, you kids. Hold on." He said.

"Time to eat!" They all exclaimed. Hop Pop handed everyone food, and only Anne was put off by the slimy light green soup with extra bugs in it, immediately she pushed the plate away. "Ugh! Uh, you know what? I think I'm gonna pass."

"I wouldn't be so picky in a different world." Y/n chimed, sticking a spoon into the unappealing food reluctantly. "You've eaten bugs. This is barely new for you." Anne remarked.

"Your friend's right, unless my food isn't good enough for the princess?" Hop Pop asked.

"Well, if I'm the princess, then you're the king of bad cooking." Anne fired back. Y/n chuckled, but quickly went back to eating when Hop Pop looked in her direction. Both Sprig and Polly acknowledged Anne's roast.

"Oh, yeah? Well, you... I..." Hop Pop choked, not having a comeback.

"What? Frog got your throat, geezer?" Y/n added. Her and Anne high-fives each other.

"Ohhhh!" Polly exclaimed.

"Oh, they both got you!" Sprig said.

"Oh, dang it! You know what? I'm gonna take a nap. I don't believe this. I feed you, I house you, and this is how you repay me? If you two don't shape up soon I'm throwin' you out!" Hop Pop snapped, leaving the room.

"Oh.." Y/n mumbled.

"Jeez, what's his problem?" Anne grabbed a cane and started speaking like an old man. "I'm Hop Pop, and I cook bad and have a temper problem!"

"He does house us and feed us." Y/n added.

"Eat your aphids, don't play with them. Elbows off the table!" She continued.

"That's so Hop Pop!" Sprig said. He and Polly were laughing.

"Elbows off the table!"

"Sometimes I wonder why I even bother putting up with you at all!" Then she broke the cane by hitting it on the table, admittedly a pretty stupid idea. Y/n dropped her utensil, not even moving an inch. Sprig and Polly gasped.

The bushy-haired girl brushed off the event, "Oopsies. Guess I don't know my own strength, right, guys? You guys okay? What's the big deal? It's just one cane."