Every Jeremy Packs A Punch

We took Salt back with us under strict instructions that he not eat anyone or turn into a demon again. He nodded, expression sombre.

"I solemnly swear that I will be good," he said.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," Trix added. I looked at him suspiciously but continued leading the way up to Elenia's flat.

Rapping my knuckles on the door I waited, cursing my ineptitude at key stealing. Elenia had also opted to not give me a key, something that was probably wise seeing as we didn't trust each other.

"Elenia, if you don't open this door then I'm installing a cat flap and crawling through it," I threatened. I heard laughter on the other side.

"Well, I was going to open it, but you just told Elenia to," Tom chuckled.

"Dammit, Tom, let us in!"

"Why should he?" Elenia asked. "You've been out murdering people and I don't want blood on the carpet."

"Actually, we were nearly being murdered," Trix chipped in. "By a ghostly axe murderer. Then an albino ghost Satan transformed into actual Satan and attacked it with a giant red fork."

There was a pause. "What?" Elenia and Tom said in unison. The door was opened and Cat darted past me inside.

"Somebody needs to explain," Elenia continued, following me around. I flopped onto the sofa and looked up at Trix. He'd ignored everybody and instead had chased after Cat into the little kitchen area, hunting for food.

My stomach growled and I realised that it had been ages since my last meal. I was starving hungry and could have stayed awake forever.

"I'll explain if take me out to get food," I replied.

"That is the worst way to ask someone out ever," Salt said.

"My girlfriend, Pepper," Tom said sternly from wherever he was in the room.

"I know that, I'm just hungry and already bored of this place." I jumped upright and started to pace the room.

"Elenia, are there any good restaurants around here?" I demanded.

"Yeah, but they're mainly in either clubs or bars."

"What's the best one?"

"Um..."

"Not McDonald's."

"I wasn't going to say that. There's a new one just started up, they're pretty good."

"Name?"

"Chaotic."

"I said name, not a description."

"No, that is the name. The place is called Chaotic."

"Does everyone wear masks?" Trix asked.

"You watch too much YouTube," Tom said, shaking his head.

"There is never too much YouTube!" Trix declared, raising his fist, Oreo crumbs spilling onto his face.

"There is, and you're the living example of it," Tom countered. Trix's eyes flashed and he threw the broken biscuits at Tom's head.

"Stop fighting," I said. "You're worse than babies!"

"Babies?" Tom said slyly, raising an eyebrow. "Is there something you're not telling us, Pepper?"

"Wha-? Tom, grow up," I growled. "Can we go and get food now? Yes? Good." I stormed to the door and threw it open. "Elenia, are cats allowed in Chaotic?"