Chapter 26: Blessed presence

"A guest?"

Edward grins evilly before continuing to talk.

"It was well worth the wait, Kate. I was sure you would come, for you are a shadow who truly cares for her doll."

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒀/𝑵..? 𝑲𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅.

"So it was Kate you were after all along."

Edward chuckles.

"Come morning, I'll bring you before Lord Grandfather and expose you as a malcontent and enemy of Shadows House. Then I'll likely rise to the third floor, my long-cherished wish."

"Who is the other guest?" Kate asks Edward while he looks at her menacingly.

"Hmm, the girl isn't here yet. Why should I bother telling you?" Kate clutches her hands and looks down in defeat.

"Now, Kate, answer me this. What is it you're planning?" Kate struggles to answer.

"If you think you'll get away with this by not answering, you are mistaken. Even if you're not a malcontent, I can accuse you of breaking the rules."

"Kate is here to save Emilico, whom you abducted. Do you truly think you would believe you? I'm an adult, and you're but a child. It's obvious which one Lord Grandfather would believe."

Kate lowered her head in defeat while Edward walked away to the tea table and poured some tea after saying.

"The outcome of a battle was decided from the start, Kate."

"Now, let us wait for Lord Grandfather to wake. A harsh penalty no doubt awaits you. This may be your last cup of tea." Emilico looks at her mistress worryingly. She didn't want it to be like this. She never want her mistress to be in grave danger because of her.

"Say your prayers."

"It's all over for you."

𝒀/𝑵... 𝑲𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚...

In all of the chaos, another veiled doll arrived at the door. They raised their hand up as a greeting but soon realized it and drop their hand.

The door opens and emerge the previous veiled doll. Just right after taking a few step in they take of the veil.

Under the white veil is John. He looks at the mini Y/N in his hand before clutching it.

𝒀/𝑵! 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏'𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖!

𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆? 𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎? 𝑨 𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎??

𝑰'𝒎 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒅𝒐, 𝑬𝒅𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓? 𝑰 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝑰 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑯𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆.