Chapter 21: Pass the debut

𝑫𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂 𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒈𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒂 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒘𝒆'𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑬𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝑫𝒊𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝑬𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒆? 𝑰𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑬𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒐 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒐𝒇?

"Emilico, you're bleeding!" Kate said as she takes her handkerchief out while Emilico is still smiling.

That's when Emilico uses her hand to touch her forehead and see red stains on her whole palm.

"I've scratched my face! Forgive me, Mistress Kate!"

"There's a river nearby. Let's go wash it and get you patched up." Kate said as she holds the handkerchief to Emilico's forehead before getting up and out of the cart.

They reached the river as Kate washes her handkerchief before drying it out while Emilico sits on a rock admiring the river.

"It's just a little cut on your head. It's not very deep." Kate said as she holds the handkerchief on Emilico's head as Emilico smiles cutely.

"I really am a sturdy doll!" Emilico said before looking up at Kate.

"But what about you, Mistress Kate? You're not hurt?" Emilico asks worryingly.

"Kate is just fine." Kate said after removing the handkerchief from Emilico head.

"I'm so glad! We're both safe now, and we can still pass the test!" Kate looks at the sootglass.

"Only ten minutes left."

"They still have a long road ahead." Ryan said after tracing their location to the exit.

The sound of bell ringing echos through the place.

"The bleeding stopped." Kate said.

"Then let's go!" Emilico said smiling.

Kate uses her handkerchief to wipe away some soot on Emilico's face then she kneels down and pick Emilico's leg up and wipe it down a little.

Concerned by the silence from her mistress, Emilico looks at Kate.

"Mistress Kate?"

To which Kate just shakes her head.

"Don't tell me it's already too late. Mistress Kate..." Emilico said sadly.

"You've been true to who you are. That's all Kate needs to be content." Kate said as she hugs Emilico.

𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓! 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅. 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒔 𝒂 𝒎𝒂𝒋𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆. 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕. 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓. 𝑹𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕, 𝒕𝒐𝒐, 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒏.