Chapter 8

Zee comes back home after running a few errands and buying more groceries than he usually does since he'll be having an uninvited guest in his house for quite a while. He comes in and plans to put the things he bought in the kitchen first before going to check on Nunew but his plans changed when his eyes catches the sight of his bedroom door, where he kept Nunew in, is slightly ajar. His eyes bulges as his fingers loosen and drops the plastic bag he's holding, scattering everything around the floor. He sprints toward his bedroom and barges in through the door and to his expectation the room is empty.

"Shit!" He runs over toward the window but when he checks it's locked from the inside so he thought Nunew must've gone through the front door. His mond floods with a lot of possible scenarios that could happen. Nunew might already be at the police station to report him and the person who wants him dead will know that he's still alive and will probably threaten him again and Max will be in danger again. He balls up his fists as anger and frustration starts creeping up on him.

He hurries back to his bedroom door and is about to cross the threshold when he hears the sound of a toilet flush coming from the toilet in his bedroom. He turns his head and sees Nunew casually walks out of the bathroom, fixing his pants. Nunew looks up to find Zee staring at him with a twisted face.

Nunew knits his brows together. "What's with the face?" He walks over and sits at the edge of the bed.

Zee's eyes never left Nunew. With the anger still in him, he clenches his jaw, closes the door behind him and locks it. Without a word, Zee approaches Nunew like a predator striding toward his prey, again with his menacing eyes.

"W-what are you doing?" Nunew trembles, looking at Zee's stern expression. Everything happens in a fleeting second. Zee pushes Nunew on the bed so that he's lying on his back, grabs both of his still bandaged wrists and pin them on each side of his head. Nunew tries to wriggle out of Zee's grip but Zee only strengthen his hold and brings his face down closer to Nunew. Nunew's heartbeat drums again his chest, heaving up and down as he looks at Zee's intimidating expression.

'What did I do wrong? I didn't run away but why does he look mad.' Nunew speaks in his mind.

"Why?" Zee growls, startling Nunew with his deep voice that seems to come from his chest. Their faces are so close Nunew could feel Zee's breath on his face when he speaks. "You had the chance to escape, why didn't you?"

"W-why does it matter?" Nunew stutters. "I'm still here, isn't that what you want?" He squirms under Zee's hold and tries to push him off but Zee is way too strong for him and Zee doesn't even budge.

Zee searches Nunew's eyes for an answer. Any captive would've run for their life even with the slightest chance of escape but Zee can't fathom why Nunew didn't. He can't seem to comprehend why Nunew had stayed instead of running back home to his safe place. Not that he wants him to, he's more than relief to find Nunew still there after thinking that he's escaped but the question remains the same. Why?

"You're hurting me." Nunew whispers, wriggling his wrist with what little movement he can muster. Zee doesn't realize that his grips gets tighter as he keeps staring into Nunew's trembling eyes. His eyes lingers over to Nunew's bandaged wrists and he immediately loosens his hold and pushes himself off the bed.

Zee didn't mean to imply more pain to Nunew's already bruised wrists but his emotions had somehow taken control over him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." Zee rakes his fingers through his hair, feeling remorse over his action. Nunew can see that he really didn't mean it but he doesn't understand why Zee is so mad. He pushes himself up into a sitting position and Zee moves forward to help him but Nunew flinches away in response out of reflex. It is as if his body has a mind of its own. Zee pulls his hands back slowly, understanding that Nunew is still probably scared of him especially after just now so he turns around and starts to leave.