Chapter 5

Nunew flops on his bed and sighs. He just came back from having dinner with Nat after paying Mr Kornthas a visit. Once classes had ended just now, Nunew had asked Foei to drive him and Nat to the hospital where Mr Kornthas was admitted to. He was relieved to see that he had gained consciousness and told them that it was nothing serious. The weather was too hot and he was just dehydrated he said. Though Nunew caught glimpses of how Nat and his lecturer exchanged glances at each other was giving something more than just teacher-student relationship but he just brushed it off, not wanting to press on it. Not that he mind if his friend got anything special with their lecturer. He would even gladly cover it up for them if anyone ever finds out.

As he stares up blankly at his bedroom ceiling, he then remembers the fight that happened between him and James that evening.

"Was P'Net really using me to strike jealousy?" He wonders out loud. Without a second thought, he slides his phone out of his pocket and starts texting Net to clarify things. He isn't going to sit around and just let it be.

 He isn't going to sit around and just let it be

Seeing no reply from Net, he locks his phone and places it on the bedside table

Seeing no reply from Net, he locks his phone and places it on the bedside table. He takes a shower and changes into a long sleeve t-shirt and a sweat pants. He's about to climb onto his bed, getting ready for bed, when he hears a loud knock on his door. He walks over and opens the door to a fuming James and he knows exactly what this is going to be about.

"Really?" James questions. He then pushes the door and let himself in and Nunew stumbles back a few steps. "You really have to blab everything to him isn't it?"

"Phi I—"

"Net just called me and we just had a fight because you just can't keep your mouth shut"

"I was just asking him to clarify things," Nunew explains, "and I was just trying to help okay I wanted to fix things."

"No, stop." James put his hand up. "Just stop okay? I don't need you interfering with my life. I can deal with things myself." James rolls his eyes, turns on his heels and starts to leave but then he stops abruptly in the doorway and turns to face Nunew. "Seriously, everything was fine before you came into my life. Sometimes I wish you never exist." He says and stomps away.