Chapter 1: Lost

Have you ever wondered what the dark and the shadows hold? Some people say it's cold and lonely. Heh, typical, as for me they hold...warmth, someone who cares, and most of all. Love.

Serah's parents worked for the government, they conducted experiments on people and animals, though they were not rich due to this job of theirs. Serah was always abused by both parents thus she stayed in her room most of the time and which is where she was at the moment. 'Lets go check what your parents are doing up there in their so called lab.' Said Korry as Serah furrowed her eyebrows and closed her laptop as she had been typing on it for the past hour now. "Well, I can't. They told me to definitely stay away from the lab." She said as she shuddered. She had the lab, they come times made her faint and then they would do experiments, well more like put liquids in her body which was why she was so mentally I'll and all. 'Come one it won't hurt a bit at all.' Said Korry a lot more happier than before. "Uh...okay, I guess we can." She said as she got off her bed and walked out of her room and headed down some halls and then up the pair of stairs that was near he entrance.

As she walked up she headed down another hall towards the lab. She was right outside the door as she slowly and quietly opened the door and peeked inside. As she scanned the room she noticed that there was a man tied to a table almost in the middle of the room. She then noticed another figure walk into the picture. It wore one of those white protective suits, a syringe in they hands as they smiled down at the poor man. The smile grew on the figure and he plunged the the needle into the man's arm. He pushed all of the liquid into the man's body. Serah's eyes widened as she saw the man yell in pain and agony, writhed against the shackled and ropes as blood started gushing out of the man's eyes and mouth. Shuddering at the site she took a few steps back before bumping into someone.

Serah froze immediately before slowly turning her head over and noticed her mother there. She gulped a bit before she roughly grabbed a fistful of my hair that was coming from the ponytail she had. Her mother glared at her before she threw Serah on the floor and kicked Her. She gasped for air as she tried her best to get up and start running away. "Where the fuck of you think you're going you little bitch!!" Serah's mom yelled after her as she continued to run. 'Go quickly to your room.' Said Korry as she turned down a hall and headed towards her room. Serah's parents had been talking for a few minutes before they started looking for her. As she hid in her room, Serah tried her best to try to blend in with the shadows. Her parents at the moment were looking for her, she had done something that she wasn't suppose to do. Therefore she had to be punished. She didn't do anything wrong. It was Korry who had told her to do so in the first place.

As she stayed still, finding the slightest comfort in the shadows as she waited for her parents to burst through the door. She closed her eyes in sight fear as the door swung open and in came both her dad and mom, her heart rate rising quickly. Her dad holding an ice cream scooper in his hand as they both walked around her room trying to find her. Her black hair covered her eyes as she tried to calm down, she could hear her heart loud and clear as she felt it be up to her throat. At last her mom found her and raised her up by her hair, more like her ponytail, glaring at her as Serah whimpered and struggled slightly in her grip, not like it really hurt at all. "We found you bitch." Her mom said as she gripped Serah's hair tighter. "And as for your disobedience. Well have to punish you." Her dad commented as her mom held her in place as her dad grabbed her chin roughly as he raised his hand and brought the scooper close to her face and over her eye. "You weren't meant to see that." Her dad said, a sadistic smile on his face as he pushed the scooper so that it was now sort of scooping a bit of her eye.

"But now, you will be able to see forever. Bitch." She heard him say before he scooped out all of her eye and the next one followed. Dropping her to the floor with all the pain, her dad kicked her and both parent left the room laughing at her. Serah was left on the floor as she sobbed into her hand, putting both of them over the holes which used to be their eyes. 'You shouldn't have gotten caught you know.' She heard Korry say. "Y-Yeah but, you didn't warn me at all." She said I between sobs. She crawled over to the darkness of the corner of her room as Korry told her where to go. 'Well, sorry.' He simply stated. Her eyelids started to slowly feel heavy soon enough she was almost out cold. For the time being all she could see was black and at the end she was consumed with darkness.