Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Jaxon's POV:

It was nine o'clock and we were all sitting outside. Paige sat on Ryan's lap, Alice sat next to Connor and Tessa sat in between Derek's legs. Dean was down by the lake with Spencer skipping rocks and smoking. Riley was not here yet and I kept looking at my phone.

"Jax!?" Ella yelled from inside. I went in and Riley stood at the front door and smiled. She had on a pair of leggings and a sweater and had a small bag with her.

"What's the bag for?" I asked.

"Sleepover." She laughed. I walked up and she kissed my cheek lightly.

"I'm sorry I am late. I had to convince my dad to let me stay again." She laughed. I led her out to the backyard where everyone sat. They all said hello and she sat down beside me.

"How was your day?" I asked as everyone resumed talking.

"It was good. I had a nice hot shower, relaxed, read my book." She said looking at the fire. I reached out and tucked away the few strands of hair that cascaded in front of her face. I could see the blush rise on her cheeks.

"Let's play a game." Paige smirked. I looked up as did Riley and she looked around.

"What game? Tag?" Connor teased.

"Hot seat." She said and some of us groaned. The hot seat was a game where someone would be in 'the hot seat' and everyone had a chance to ask you any question they pleased. Spencer and Dean approached and Dean had yet another cigarette in his mouth.

"Hot seat? Such fun child games." He smirked.

"Stop being an asshole and come play." Paige said. He sat down next to Spencer and he sighed heavily.

"Since you are so against playing how about you go first?" Paige asked and he shrugged.

"Ok to make it not so long the person in the hot seat chooses three people to ask questions and then that person picks someone to be in the hot seat." Paige said. We all nodded and Dean looked around.

"Spence..." He said continuing around.

"Alice and Tessa." He said. He looked at Spencer who stared at him for some time.

"Well?" He asked.

"Tell the honest answer of why you smoke and why you won't quit." He said.

"That's two questions." He countered.

"Dean." He said.

"I smoke because it lets off steam and I won't quit because I don't handle stress well. Happy?"

"You can chew gum, workout...anything else." He said.

"We will discuss this later." He said turning away and Spencer rolled his eyes.

"What's your favourite thing about Spence?" Tessa asked eagerly.

"He's always on my ass to do good." Dean teased and Spencer shook his head sighing.

"Are you going to prom together?" Alice asked.

"We'll see." Dean laughed as did everyone else.

"Alright, Jaxon you are in the hot seat." Dean said. I sighed and looked at Paige who smirked evily.

"I am not asking you." I laughed.

"Ok Ryan, Connor and Dean."

"Do you like Riley?" Ryan laughed along with Paige.

"Yes I do like Riley." I said quickly while everyone laughed.

"You going to have sex with her or what?" Connor asked casually.

"Oh my God...I shouldn't be here." Riley said uncomfortably.

"Yes I shouldn't be here either." I said.

"Oh come on answer the question. We are all adults." Connor said.

"Yes I would like to but that is her decision not mine." I said quickly.

It got quiet and I turned to Dean.

"I'm not going to be a jackass." He said honestly.

"So, do you like bonfires?" He asked.

"No I don't." I said laughing with everyone.