17: The Beach

"This is such a bad idea," Hange admits, brushing off your jacket sleeve as they make eye contact with you. "Why is it a bad idea?" You ask, lips curling into a smile as they finish brushing it off. They step back and admire your outfit, then smiling to themselves.

"You have zero leadership skills," They start, taking a few steps to walk around and admire the rest of you. "And your morals are highly questionable. You rely entirely on your own battle skills and not your trust for others."

You stood there, perplexed as you lifted a brow, parting your lips and looking around. Hange was now standing behind you, a soft hand resting on your shoulder. "And what better way to work on that than to make you Captain of your own squad?"

"You were serious?" You ask, turning to face them with a slight frown.

"Oh, I meant every word. Plus, I figured you'd never forgive me if I sent Oliver back off to that wretched dump you call home."

"Marley is the wretched dump? The place where people live in luxury and rights, that's the dump?"

Hange chuckled as they removed their hand from your shoulder to wrap their arms around your waist. Your face heats up as they rest their chin on your shoulder, you hear them hum quietly, keeping you captive in their hold. Today was the day you'd all finally go outside the Walls, and you'd be reliving the day you were dropped off on the Island. Eren's now a bit skeptical of you, since the last time he found out his friends were his enemies, it ended with a huge fight, though he's still nice to you. Armin seemed to remain unbothered by it, though he did have some questions. Mikasa and Levi were unbothered by it as well, but in a more 'I don't give two shits' kind of way. Jean, Sasha and Connie were shocked to hear their 'favorite Rogue Garrison' was actually an ex enemy of Humanity. And Hange, of course, wasn't shocked when you explained to everyone who you really were, though they did feel a little stupid for thinking they actually knew you. (you had to reassure them they weren't, saying they just didn't know.)

"That's correct. I'm so sorry you and Oliver had to live there for 17 years! That must've been horrible for the both of you."

You squinted before smiling a bit, the corners of your eyes shrinking underneath your small grin. "Not exactly, I had a life there and parents who cared for me. It's not as bad as you may think it is." You replied, breaking free of their grip and twirling around to face them. Their hair was tied up in its usual messy ponytail, and they now had an eyepatch over their left eye. You thought they still looked beautiful, they'd just have to get used to seeing out of one eye for the rest of their life.

"And you have a better life here, darling. Can you do this back in Marley?" They question before grabbing you by your cheeks and capturing your lips with theirs, holding you captive once again. You couldn't help but smile as your lips kept finding each other, feeling the warmth coming from Hange.

You hum as you finally pull away for air with an audible smack from both of your lips. "I can, my lips have touched others before yours, but everyone else will always be just someone else. You will always be Hange, my beloved."

Hange's cheeks turn pink as they look down at the very small gap between you two. You lift a brow as your mouth stretches into a confused smile. "Are you blushing, dear Hange?" You ask, trying to get a good look at their now red face. They shake their head as they lift it up to look at you, a wide smile on their face. "It's just– the heat. It's pretty hot outside, y'know?"

"Hange, we're inside. And it's a nice day."

"Alright fine maybe I am blushing," They admit, pouting as they look away. A chuckle escapes your lips as you wrap your arms around their neck. Their face feels like it's on fire, like they've face planted right into the sun, and they simply basked in the heat.