14: Talk

A few days after Hange stayed the night with you, Erwin finally got recruits from other regiments. You wondered if you'd see Rico anywhere, but after looking around for what seemed like forever, you couldn't find her. But there were other people you recognized from the Garrison regiment. And that one guy from the Military Police that Levi and Mikasa ambushed, Marlowe.

"Only an idiot like him would be happy about joining the scouts.." Armin whispered to you. All of the Levi squad, except Levi himself, was sitting at a table in the mess hall eating dinner. Marlowe was going on about how "we'll all beat the titans."

"He must be from the northern region of cadets." You mumbled back, crossing your legs. Armin nodded before Jean got everyone's attention. "The only ones excited as you are soldiers with no experience whatsoever. You must not actually understand how titans eat." Jean announced bluntly. Then some guy at the table behind him turned to face him with a smirk on his face.

"Woah woah, you think you're some veteran hero now?" The guy questioned, turning around in his spot. You, Armin and Jean turned your heads to face him, and you almost giggled at his bad haircut. "Compared to you, we are."

"How rude. Weren't we in the 104th together?" The guy stood up with a few others standing behind him. You rolled your eyes as him and the other few stood at the side of the table that you and Jean were sitting at. "Besides, we're not the only ones. Everyone in the walls is pumped up about the idea of retaking Wall Maria-"

"Then everyone in the walls are idiots, moreso you and Marlowe. You've probably seen how titans eat, yet you're ecstatic about fighting them. Shouldn't you be scared?"

"Have we met before? I think I saw you around in the Garrison before.."

"Yeah. I'm that Rogue Garrison people were talking about a while ago."

"Never thought I'd actually get to talk to you. I have to admit, you've got guts to stab two soldiers like that. One of them died a few days later, actually.." He paused when he saw how you were looking at him, eyes lowered and empty. He heard about the Scouts attacking the Anti-Personnel squad, and that one single person annihilated the entire squad in just five minutes. (Armin had a watch, so when you finished destroying the enemy team, he looked at the time and noticed 10 minutes hadn't even passed.)

"Still..you all do seem different now." He commented, looking at everyone sitting at the table. "It's your faces, I guess..but what...exactly happened?" He questioned nervously. Everyone at the table didn't bother to look at him, instead they looked at each other.

Jean turned to face him once again. "Wanna know?"

"Not exactly..I'll wait till later.." He nervously replied, turning around to walk off with the other few people behind him. You rolled your eyes, tapping the edge of the table with your finger. The table was silent for a few moments before Connie got up from his spot. "I'm outta here. See you later."

"Eh? So soon?"

"Tomorrow's a prep day, so I'm heading to my village in the morning." He explained to Sasha. He grabbed his plate and walked off after saying goodnight to everyone.

Armin finally turned to you, "How are things with Hange-san? I haven't really seen you two since..that.." The kiss, he would've said, if he wanted to get his ass beaten. You huffed before grabbing your spoon and looked at your bowl. They served soup tonight and it honestly looked quite appetizing, and it wasn't because you starved yourself. (you didn't.)

"Are we the only entertainment you guys get? Don't you guys have anything else to talk about?" You questioned starkly, talking to everyone at the table but keeping your eyes on the soup. Everyone stayed silent while Armin let out a small sigh. "You and Hange-san are our friends, and we care about the relationship the two of you have. I think it's nice that you found someone."