Chapter 8

When I arrived home, sinalubong ako ni kuya Angelo. Hindi ko siya pinansin and went straight to my room.

Naalala ko tuloy ginawa niya.

I took a shower and nagsuot ng terno na pajama. I was on my phone when I heard a knock on the door.

It was kuya Angelo, holding a bowl of salad. Hindi ko siya pinansin and turned my back at him nung nilapag niya sa side table ko yun. I heard him sigh and felt the bed sink, indicating that he sat down.

"I'm sorry Elie, I'm just teaching you a lesson, please understand. Dalawa nalang tayo sa pamilyang ito, and what will you do when I'm gone?" he explained.

I remained silent. Tears were already streaming down my face, pinipigilan kong humikbi dahil baka mag alala si kuya.

"Ever since it was just the two of us, I swore to bring you anything you want that could make you happy. At dadating ang araw na magiging independent ka, you won't need me anymore. I wonder what will motivate me to keep me working..."

I couldn't take it anymore, humarap ako at yumakap sakanya.

"Stop making me cry!" I said sobbing.

"You're still a crybaby sweetie, I bet dad will tease you if he sees your red eyes and nose" he said, stroking my hair.

Mas lalo akong naiyak sa sinabi niya. I miss my parents, they died when I was 10 because of a car accident. So at the age of 13, kuya Angelo started working and learned to manage the company dad left. Since then, he started spoiling me and taking care of my problems.

I woke up by the sunlight hitting my face. Nakatulog pala ako dahil sa kakaiyak, when I looked at the clock it was only 6:17. I get up and washed my face, nagbihis ako ng active wear and did pilates at the terrace of my room. After that, naligo ako and relaxed a bit sa bathtub. Nagbihis ako ng simple floral na terno, sando at shorts. It was 7:25 when I went down and cooked breakfast for kuya. I just made a yogurt bowl topped with granola, berries and honey.

Habang hinihintay ko mag brew yung kape at tsaa ko, someone talked walking down the stairs.

"Good morning" kuya greeted.

Dinala ko yung drinks sa table at yumakap kay kuya.

He chuckled and tinignan ang mukha ko. He chuckled again when he saw my swolen eyes.

We sat down and ate breakfast, we were silent until he broke the silence.

"1 million is too much right? I'll talk to him and lower the price"

"Sabi niya we'll make a deal daw, hindi pa namin napag usapan. Tska ano..."

I was contemplating if I should tell him that Enzo's courting me.

"Ano?" he asked getting impatient.

I bit my lip before answering, "nililigawan niya ako" I couldn't look at him in the eyes and heard him sigh.

"I know Elie." he calmly said.

"And he's about to arrive any minute now" he added.

"Huh?! Bakit?"

He just shrugged and continued eating.

Nilalagay ko na sa lababo yung pinagkainan ko, and was about to finish my tea when suddenly the doorbell rang. Nagmamadali akong tumakbo papunta sa kwarto and heard kuya shouted 'careful' before I closed the door. Nagtoothbrush ako at nag suklay, I took a final look at myself at the mirror and bumaba na.

There he was, sitting while drinking water. He was wearing denim pants and a black shirt that complimented his muscles. His watch is shining on his moreno skin.

Bakit ba ang pogi mooooo

When we locked eyes, I saw him clench his jaw. Then he turned back his attention to my brother.

Galit ba siya sa'kin?

I was pouting hangga't makadating ako sakanila. I sat down and turned the TV on.

"Good morning, princess" he greeted

"Morning" I replied. Looking at the TV.

I heard kuya chuckle and Enzo cussing him.

"She cooked me breakfast kanina, tapos pagkagreet ko she hugged me." I heard kuya said, bragging at Enzo.

"Yeah? I'll cook for her then and greet her with a kiss." Enzo replied.

I quickly turned my head to him and looked at him weirdly.

He smirked at me and gestured me to come to him.

As if hypnotized, I followed and sat next to him.

"Don't you have work Angelo?" Enzo asked.

"I do, hinihintay lang kitang umalis" kuya replied.

Enzo turned to me before talking.

"We're going on a date, get ready"

"Date?" I turned to kuya asking for permission, he sighed and noded.

"Saan tayo pupunta?" I excitedly said.

"Mall."

My smile immedietly was gone, narinig ko pa si kuya na tumawa.

Kakagaling ko lang sa mall tapos dun niya balak makipagdate?

"Saan pala?" he cautiosly asked.

"Ayaw ko makipagdate." I said and bumalik sa single sofa, itinuon ko nalang ang aking tingin sa TV.

"You two decide, I'm going to get ready for work." Kuya said and went to his room.

"Baby, what's wrong hm?" Enzo asked after kuya left.

VINCENZO CAPPONI ANONG BABY KA DIYAN?!

I pouted to stop myself from smiling. Hindi ko siya pinansin and distracted myself sa TV.

Nainip ata siya because he suddenly carried me and made me sit on his lap!

"Enzo!" I said his name out of shock.

"Ngayon pinapansin mo na'ko? I should always sit you on my lap then."

My legs are apart and his hands are at my waist, making sure that I can't escape.

"Bakit kasi ang sama ng tingin mo sa'kin pagbaba ko?"

"What? I didn't princess" he said confusedly.

"I saw your jaw move kaya! Tapos iniwas mo tingin mo sa'kin" I said as I cross my arms to my chest.

I saw his eyes followed on what I did and looked at my chest briefly, he groaned, closing his eyes and rested his head on the couch.

What a sight...

"Your outfit is so revealing amore mio, so I had to look away." he answered still eyes closed.

"Bakit pala inclench mo jaw mo?" I asked.

He sighed before answering, finally looking at me.

"Nanggigigil ako sayo." he said and rested his face between my neck.

His arms are now hugging me, pulling me closer. I felt him mumble on my neck and started kissing my jaw.

I gasped at what he did and whined, saying his name.

"Enzo stop it, makita tayo ni kuya" I told him and he obeyed.

He was breathing heavily and his eyes were sleepy.

"I'm sorry cara mia, I couldn't resist, you smell so good, and so soft" he said, looking at me with adoration.

"I changed my mind, let's go on a date" I said smilling at him.

"Aurelie Valencia, you're not going anywhere!"