Chapter poor (4)

"Kasi naman, wala kaming klase sakanya tapos mag bibigay siya ng work!"

I was explaining to him the task given by the professor for the last 10 minutes, more like ranting pala.

I couldn't help it! Kapag makikipagkwentuhan ako or someone asks me about something, nasasabi ko din yung rants ko, even if hindi kami close. I just realized now na nagawa ko nanaman yun ngayon.

Why am I so madaldal kasi huhu

"Then what happened?" he asked while focused on the road. He was listening to my rants and kept quiet while I talked.

So ako pala yung talks a lot tapos siya yung listens.

"Tapos wala na, sorry I was rambling, It's a bad habit" sabi ko while looking at my bag.

"It's fine, I like listening to you" he replied, still looking at the road.

I could feel my cheeks heating so I turned to the side and rested my cheek on my hand.

Calm down Elie! Kailan ba kasi kami makakarating sa place?

"We're here", lumabas siya at pinagbuksan ako ng pinto.

Luh narinig ata ako ng mundo

I stepped out muttering a thank you then walked to the entrace. It was a fancy restaurant, Italian maybe.

"Good moring sir and madam, I'll escort you to your seats" the waiter said, walking us to a nicely set upped table.

Vincenzo pulled the chair for me and sat infront.

Wow gentleman

"What would you like to eat? Sorry I didn't asked you kung saang restaurant gusto mo".

"It's fine I like Italian"

He smirked and crossed his arms, looking at me intently.

"Yeah? So, you like me? I'm Italian."

My mouth parted as I realized what I said, l was trying to speak but nothing came out.

What the hell?! Is he teasing me?

"Wag mo'ko asarin baka 'yang Audi mo ang next kong bungguin." Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin before looking at the menu.

There were so many things to choose from, so I was having a hard time picking, dagdag pa na mostly Italian yung mga name.

"Do you realize that you're pouting right now?" he asked, tilting his head to the side, still arms crossed.

"No, and can you help me with the menu please? Or ikaw nalang mamili ng food."

"Are you allergic to anything?"

I just shook my head and watched him tell the waiter our order. After the waiter left, he turned his attention to me.

"What are you planning to do with your task? I'll help you while the food hasn't arrived" he said waiting for me to answer.

"Diba pag uusapan natin yung settlement? Ako na bahala sa school work ko."

He looked amused with what I said.

May sinabi ba akong mali?

"Alright, I want you to pay me 1 million for my car."

"One million?! Ang laki naman!" I exclaimed.

Napatakip ako sa bibig and looked around saying sorry.

Another kahihiyan nanaman!

"Calm down, I already talked to your brother about the settlement, sabi niya, tama lang na isang milyon hingiin ko sa'yo, to teach you a lesson" he said calmly trying to make me understand.

"Pumayag si kuya?" I asked.

"Yes, and he said he won't help you pay."

"Ano?!" napalakas nanaman boses ko dahil sa gulat.

I hurriedly dialed kuya's number and after 10 seconds he picked up.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Don't 'sweetie' me kuya! Ano 'tong nalaman ko na pumayag kang magbayad ako ng isang milyon?"

I saw Vincenzo looking at me.

Aliw na aliw naman 'to

"I'm sorry, narealize ko na masyado na kita naispoiled, you should try to fix your problem muna, how about you try to negotiate with him?"

I felt betrayed. Napatingin ako sa harap only to see Vincenzo worriedly looking at me.

"Are you okay? You look like you're about to cry"

I pouted even more trying to hold back from crying at pinatay yung tawag.

Tumayo siya at lumapit sa'kin.

By instinct, I pulled him to a hug and rested my head to his stomach, crying.