Fort

When Boss kissed me, I was stunned. I was thinking if I should pull back and my brain just snapped.

By right I should pull back but I was still giving it thought? And I realized that more than pulling back, I wanted to kiss him back. As I felt Boss's soft lips caress mine even further, I succumbed and kissed him back.

We pulled away for a bit, not even a brief 2 seconds before I captured his lips again. I leaned in closer, kissing him hard. We would have continued but Boss fell onto the couch flat and that broke our kiss. We pulled away for real this time and Boss sat up, his face flushed.

"I.. I.. I'm sorry Boss."

"Sorry? Why are....why are you sorry?"

Boss's voice became incredibly soft. "I shouldn't have.. I mean.. we aren't filming or anything.. I.. I'm sorry.. "

Boss just looked at me quietly. "You are right. I'm sorry too. I'm gonna go rest for a while ok."

With that, Boss stood up and disappeared into the room. I looked on despondently as he left. Why did I feel like something was off between us?

I continued sitting there, just feeling my lips and reminiscing how Boss's lips had just fitted around mine so perfectly. He knew exactly on how to push and pull and the kiss was just perfect. Was these the kind of kisses Noeul got while filming? I sighed as I sat back. I think the kisses were messing with my head or the fact that we were supposed to be playing lovers. Boss has been incredibly sweet and kind towards me and I couldn't tell if it was fan service or real.

[Author's note: you idiot! Are you guys even filming now?!?]

About 2pm, Boss came out from the room. I was poring over the script and was surprised to see him come out, looking not any fresher.

"Thought you wanted to get a nap?"

"Yea.."

"How come you look worse than usual? Are you still having a fever?"

I stood up to go feel Boss's head and he moved away before I could even sneak my hand in to feel him.

"Boss stop moving na. Let me check if you have a temp."

"You don't have to. I'm fine. I'm just probably still tired."

I looked at Boss doubtfully. He was acting weird. I sighed. "Let me fix you something to eat before your meds."

"No need. I'm going out okays to meet my friends."

"Owh. With who?"

"You..you don't know them. I be back later. Please don't wait up for me."

I watched as Boss got ready and he left. What was going on with this guy? Something wasn't clicking and he was shutting me out. These thoughts carried me over for the rest of the day as I did chores , my school work and script reading. Around 8pm, I got a call from Noeul.

"Fort! Where are you?"

"At home only. What's up?"

"At home? Then why didn't you join us, you idiot?"

"Join you where? Who's us?"

"Peat, myself and Boss. Plus P Pii and P Chun. We all went to have a late lunch and are doing drinks at P Pii's house though this stupid Boss got drunk too fast too soon. He doesn't seem like he can make his way home so I am calling to let you know that he will stay over at P's house today."

Noeul chatted a bit more and hung up. I instantly stood up, grabbed a jacket and drove to P's house. A little while later, I knocked on the door and Peat opened the door, surprised to see me!

"Hey! Are you here to join us?"

"Where is Boss?"

"Hmm.. he's inside. Come.. come in.."

I went in and saw Boss trying to get more drinks though the rest were trying to stop him. I walked over to him and before anyone else registered my presence, much less welcome me, I slapped Boss smack across his face. The glass went flying and he looked up at me drunkenly in shock. Call it a wake up call maybe but Boss instantly sobered up when he saw me!

He stood up, eyes opened wide and stunned by the slap. Everyone was. I think nobody expected that. Everyone kept quiet and looked at me stunned.

"You are sick. Barely recovered from the fever and you are drinking. What the fuck is wrong with you?! And it's only 8pm! You are already drunk?!?!"

I screamed at Boss, losing my head on him finally. He was taken aback and took a step back.

"Fort..."

"Shut up. We are going home now. Do you understand?'

Boss just looked at me in silence and nodded. I grabbed his hand and turned only to see the rest looking at us in silence. Open mouthed. Gaping in shock.

But nobody stopped us as I left. It was silence all the way until I got home, Boss got a shower and he ate some hangover medicines and juice. He sat down with a glass of water and I came out from the showers, freshly showered and changed.

I sat next to him and the TV was on, but both of us were barely looking at it. Barely registering the moving visuals and flurry of sounds coming from the show. A few minutes later, I saw Boss's hand on mine and he wrapped my hand carefully tugging towards him. I looked at him and that's when I finally burst into tears, over everything that had happened.

What the fuck.