Chapter 2.

•••••••••••••••••

WE WALKED OUTSIDE, I held Leon's hand, "I'm glad I'm with you again, white boy." I softly said and he smiled. "I'm glad too...I thought—that I wouldn't see you again.." he mumbled. "I'm here now." I said and he looked at me. "Don't..leave again." He shyly said and I gave his hand a squeeze, "I wont leave you again, I promise." I said, he let out a relief sigh and smiled.

"So, what happened back there.. Was Ada your friend?" Helena asked me. "Yeah, we bonded after time. Even went on some missions together but we went our own ways. That's why..I'm still shock about what happened." I said, "I'm sorry to hear that...maybe she changed?" "I guess so, even if I don't want to believe it.."

We entered a door, "Simmons!" Helena yelled and I looked up to see a man with a white suit and guards. "Well, this is unexpected." Simmons says. "No! Wait!" a lady ran in with a guy behind her. "Ah, Agent Birkin. Impeccable timing. Kindly take those two into custody, won't you but leave that girl to me." He said and Leon pulled me behind him. "They said you were involved in the terrorist attack. Is it true?" She asked, "What, are they running down the street, screaming it to anyone who'll listen?" Simmons said, "Answer me!" She yelled. "It's for the benefit of the United States and global security." He says. "I can't see how killing the president is good for the country!" Leon yelled as he aimed his gun at him. "Wait what?" I said in shock, "The president's dead?" the girl mumbled. "Well, we have Leon to thank for that." "God damn you. Simmons!" Helena yelled.

"Dispose of them." Simmons says and his guards started to shoot. Leon quickly pulled me for cover. All of a sudden the guards stopped shooting, "You need to be more careful." Leon said to the girl, "All right, all right, so what's the plan, hero?" The man said and he turned to me. "I'm afraid we haven't met, Jake Muller. Sherry Birkin." He said as he pointed to her. "Y/N L/N." I said. "You think you can make it to that door?" Leon asked, "Why don't we just waste them?" Jake asks. "Because I need you to take care of Sherry." Leon says and gun shots were fired. "What are you guys going to do?" Sherry asked, "Finish Simmons." Helena said and Sherry handed Leon a chip, it has information on how to stop the C-virus. "Thanks, I'll put a call in to FOS get you some protection. Now move!" Leon said and they ran towards the door while we started to shoot the guards. "He's getting away!" Helena said, "Let's move!" Leon says. We chased him and he went on top of a train, "Ready?" Leon asks and we both nod. We jumped onto the train, "Get back here!" Helena yelled and we ran towards him.

"So this Simmons guy is really fucked up, huh?" I asked as we kept running. "Always has been, just been a fool trusting him." Helena says. "Y/N, I'll boost you up." Leon says, i looked up and it was an opening. "Yes sir." I said and he boosted me up and then Helena. We then both pulled up Leon, "I think I see him." I said as I pointed towards the end of the train, "Then we should get going." Helena said and we ran towards him with our guns aiming at him.

"Give it up, Simmons. We've got you." Leon says, "You still chase me...while that woman is on the loose?" Simmons says, "What woman?" Leon asks. "That traitor. Ada Wong. Who knows what she's got in store."  "Another team was sent after her, but you, Simmons. Your all ours."  "Are you here to avenge the president? Is that it? You fool. Had he disclosed the truth behind Raccoon City, the U.S would have lost all its authority and the global political order would have collapsed!"  "So to avoid one possible disaster you create another? No matter how many people died!" Helena yelled. "He had to be stopped! He was leading my country and this world into complete chaos!" Simmons yelled but then winced in pain. We all looked at each other and he fell to ground. He then went in flames and mutated into a monster dog. "Well your not a cute puppy." I said as we started to shoot him.

•••••••••••••••••

After a while, he fell to the ground. "Are you alright?" Leon asked me as he checked me, I held his hand and smiled. "I'm okay, are you?" I asked and he nods. "Helena?" I asked, "I'm alright. Did we kill him?" She asked and Leon went to check. Simmons got up and grabbed Leon, "Don't touch him!" I yelled and started to shoot Simmons. Simmons then threw Leon off the train onto another, "Leon!" I yelled as I tried to look for him. Simmons then started to mutate again, "Tell me I'm seeing things.." Helena said. "I wish I could even tell you." I said and then Simmons jumped down. "Leon! Be careful, he's coming for you!" I yelled. "Get off that train! We'll keep him occupied!" Helena yelled and we started to shoot Simmons. "Leon jump!" I yelled and he did, I quickly pulled him up. Simmons then broke the top of the train and we fell onto the bottom. Leon pulled me up and Simmons jumped inside but we quickly went back up.

He went back out and another train was headed towards him. He threw the train and kept running ahead, he turned around and started to charge at us. "Leon!" He yelled and Leon shot him which cause Simmons to get hit by the train and land in front of us. We aimed our guns at him and he slowly got up. "You...have no idea...what would happen if I die!" He says as he mutated again. "The world would be a better place!" Leon yelled, Simmons threw a piece of the train at us. Me and Leon ducked while Helena stayed in place and shot him in the face, which cause he to stay down. There was a helicopter but then they left, "No! How could my family abandon me!?" Simmons yelled, he tripped and fell under the train which caused him to be shredded. The train started to go off track, "Run!" Helena yelled and we started to run to the back but there was no time. "Jump!" Helena yelled, Leon grabbed me and we jumped into the water.

I quickly rise up, "Leon!" I yelled and got no response. "Helena!" no response and I started to freak out. "It's okay..I'm here." I looked behind and Leon swam towards me. "Oh thank god." I said as I hugged him. "Hold on to my back, okay?" Leon says and I nod. I went behind him and held him as he started to swim. "And Helena?" I asked, "She's a head. It's okay." He says and I hugged his back. We were now at shore, "Thank god your both okay." She says. "Another good thing, at least we're clean." I said as I squeeze the water from my clothes. "Did we finish it?" Helena asked as we looked at the bridge, "I don't know. But we did what we could, let's go." Leon says and he held my hand. I held it back and we walked up the stairs. I started to hear guards, we made it on top and saw guards escorting citizens out. I smiled, "Is it over?" Helena asked, "Yeah...It's over " Leon says and looked at me. I smiled at him and he softly smiled back.

"Leon. We have a situation."