5 - Souls

☻♡

☻♡

5 - Souls

Luke walked inside the house once him and Michael got back from hunting. Michael wanted to stay outside in order to look at the sunny skies before he cleaned up.

But Luke couldn't blame the younger one; Michael thought that he would never see or feel the sun again. He wanted to soak it all in now that he knew he could witness the sun.

"I see hunting went well?" Ashton asked, humming from where he was sitting next to Calum on one of the couches in the large living room. They had the fire place on, watching and hearing the fire crackle throughout the room.

"It was amazing." Luke sighed out in joy, "He just...goes for it. He's more like me when it comes to feeding."

"Oh great." Calum murmured sarcastically, making Ashton chuckle slightly. This made Luke playfully glare at him because he started thinking about the other part of his experience with Michael.

"Tell me your biggest wish."

"I wish to be loved."

...

"He wants to be loved."

They looked at him in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Calum narrowed his eyes at the bloodied man.

Luke sighed out in frustration, turning around to look at the fire while he collected his thoughts. What he was thinking would change everything.

Everything.

"I want him." He finally said, turning around to look at the two, "While he was feeding I couldn't look away from him. He's so...pretty. And all he wants is to be loved. How could I deny that from him?"

"How do you know he wants to be loved?" Ashton asked.

"I compelled him."

"Luke—" Both Ashton and Calum were about to start, but Luke quickly cut them off.

"He asked me to. He wanted to see if it actually worked on vampires and not just on humans. So I asked him what his biggest wish was. He said he wished to be loved."

"I don't know." Ashton said, being the rational one, "Luke, we're immortal. Dating is different than what you're used to. Than what we're all used to."

"I had no issue with being with random vampires. But now that he's here, I just...I can't get him out of my head. I just want to talk to him. God...I just want to touch him. There's more things we can teach him other than vampirism." He smirked at the last part.

"We?" Calum asked.

"I can tell you two care for him as well."

The two went silent.

"I've never been like this before. And I've never seen you two like this before either. You know how we are...We don't socialize with anyone else unless it's for business, and we're as cruel as they come. The two of you haven't hurt him; you haven't even been rude to him. He's different."

"I mean..." Calum started, "Why else would we accept Katrina's proposition? And even though we did, why didn't we kill him? Instead we take him to our home with the promise of taking care of him and teaching him? With the promise of allowing him into our clan?"

"And I gave him a sun ring." Ashton stated, "I didn't even think about it. Even though I knew there's only ten in the world..."

"He's different." Luke said again, reinforcing his idea, "I want him. And I know you want him too."

"He wants to be loved?" Calum asked.

Luke nodded.

"Only a vampire can love you forever."

Luke grinned at what Calum said, seeing the brunette's own grin.

But Ashton spoke up, "You're forgetting a very important part to this. Yes, we care for him. But does he even care for us?"

"Then we get him to care about us." Calum answered.

"I mean how could anyone turn this down?" Luke smirked, referencing to himself.

Calum scoffed, "Anyways how is this duel going to go?"

"Us three against him. We need to see where his strengths and weaknesses lay." Ashton answered.

And then, Michael walked inside. Ashton and Calum looked at all the blood that was covering his pale skin and they couldn't ignore the pretty sight in front of them.

"You're not cleaned up yet?" He asked Luke, slightly surprised.

"No. Would you want to clean up together in the bath?" He grinned, making Michael pause.

"What?"

"Nothing, newborn." Luke chuckled, leaving the room.

"How was hunting with Luke?" Calum asked, even though he already knew how it went.

"It was...fun. I'm used to getting the scraps of what was brought to us and of what we all had to share between the clan. And I didn't know about compulsion."

"I hope Luke explained it's a skill only a select few have been able to master after many many years." Ashton said.

"Can you two compel?"

"Yes. We all learned together."

"How can you even do that? You just tell someone to do something and they simply do it?"

"It's more to it than that. You have to focus on your power and the other person's soul. And then you have to connect the two souls together and command them to obey." Ashton answered.

"Can I show you?" Calum asked, making Michael nod. This newly founded compulsion was really interesting to the youngest vampire.

Calum used his speed to suddenly appear in front of Michael, grabbing his cheeks just like Luke had.

"As we gaze into each other's eyes I'm focusing on my power and energy. And I'm also focusing on your soul. It's harder with vampires because our souls have blackened and have been beaten. But it's still possible."

Calum paused a few seconds in order to take the time to just gaze into Michael's eyes. Vampire's eyes always had a mix of a glowing red and their natural eye color they had before they were turned. So Michael's eyes were a pretty mix of glowing red and bright green.

Calum found out that he liked looking into them.

"And then once I connect our souls together, I command you."

Michael nodded, "Do it."

"Have you ever been in love?"

"No."

—•••—

I'm sorry I just love them compelling Michael 😭

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚