2

"You were right, there's no Professor in there." Logan said, turning around to look at Jesse and Hank. "What the hell happened to him?"

"I don't know..." Hank muttered. "When we first moved back to the house, he was fine. We started the school, we had fifty, sixty students..."

"But after a while, he changed. I don't know if it was losing his legs, or losing Raven. But it was like he lost... hope." Hank said, looking at Jesse who is leaning against a table.

"We designed a serum to treat the cells around his spine, derived from the same formula that helps Hank control his mutation." Jesse said, crossing his arms, looking down at the floor. "He takes it every day, and every day we think maybe he'll wake up and be himself again... but that day never comes." He said, a sad frown on his face before it faded as he looked up at Logan who is looking at him with a sympathize expression.

Hank looked at Jesse and Logan with a look on his face. "So, what was he to you?" He asked making Logan turned his head to him.

"What?" Logan asked, raising his eyebrows.

Hank shrugged his shoulders. "You seem to know Jesse a lot." He said, crossing his arms. "Jesse never told anyone about his childhood except me."

Logan stayed silent, eyes focusing on the bookshelf over Hank's shoulder.

"We were lovers, weren't we." Jesse said, breaking the silence that had fallen upon the three. "I didn't need my empathy to see that." He said as Logan looked at him. "You have that fondness in your eyes everytime you look at me."

Logan chuckles softly, shaking his head lightly. "You've always been the most aware out of the two of us." He said, smiling gently when he saw Jesse raised an eyebrow, and notices Hank had understood what he meant.

"What does that mean?" Jesse asked, cocking his head to the side slightly.

Logan was about to answer him when he heard footsteps approaching them, turning around he saw Charles walking towards them.

"She won't listen to me." Charles said as the three turned to him. "Even if I go with you, even if we find her, I can't convince her to stop any more than I could convince her to stay."

"You won't have to convince her. Magneto will." Logan said, noticing Hank and Charles sharing a glance as a confused emotions passed by him.

"It won't be easy to get to him." Jesse said, gaining Logan's attention as he looked up at Logan.

"Why not? Where is he?" Logan asked.

"Where he belongs." Charles simply said.

• • •

"It's a hundred feet deep, with only one access point." Hank said, opening a map of the Pentagon on the table. "surrounded on all sides by the most heavily secured building in the world."

"The Pentagon was built in Word War II when there was a shortage on steel, so the foundation is pure concrete and sand, no metal, the perfect place to hold him." Jesse said, joining Hank at the table with Charles and Logan as he stood next to Logan.

"What's he in jail for, this time?" Logan asked, his head instantly turning to look at Jesse, still not believing that he's actually right here with him, and alive.

"He didn't tell you?" Charles asked, bringing Logan's attention to him as he shakes his head. "You may have heard about a magic bullet that killed a President in 1963."

"JFK..." Logan muttered under his breath.

"What else would explain a bullet that curved in the air? Erik always had a way with guns." Charles said. "You sure you want to break him out of there? We're talking about the most dangerous man in the world. I've seen the damage he can do."