Chapter 14

Raven opens their eyes, not remembering falling asleep at all, to the foul stench of a man that they had hoped to never see again. It doesn’t matter how long it’s been since they last interacted with him, they will always recognize that disgusting scent. That man is not touching their child. Without thinking, Raven bares their teeth and starts growling, an effect that is made even more menacing by the fact that they’re still in the form of a timber wolf, and launches themself off the floor to stand on the foot of Touya’s bed. They glare at the man directly into his lilac eyes.

“Calm down, Raven,” Touya exasperatedly tries to settle the massive wolf on his bed. While he’s never seen them transform into this particular form, he knows it’s them from their protective stance and the fact that the animal is completely white. None of the forms that the cat had turned into for Shouto to ride on the back of have ever been anything but white or white and brown. “He’s not going to hurt me. The doctors said he needs to check my memories for something.”

Raven snarls at the man one more time before turning to face their pup because he’s awake! HE’S ACTUALLY AWAKE! One of their children has finally woken up! The wolf proceeds to lick everywhere on Touya’s face, occasionally twisting their head to glare at the man who still stands by the door, too terrified to come any closer to the animal on the bed, making them smirk at the scent of absolute terror, and piss, that comes from the man.

“Control your animal, or I’ll have it removed,” the purple haired man squeaks in his terror.

Touya laughs. “I’d love to see you try. My father has tried and failed at controlling Raven. If the number two hero can’t control them, wheat makes you think anyone can. I doubt even All Might could get them off this bed.”

A random voice punctuates Touya’s statement. The voice is directionless, but Touya knows from experience that it comes from the wolf on his lap. “I’m over 300 years old by your world’s standards you will respect your elder!”

As the purple haired man’s lilac eyes search the room for any possible place that the voice could have come from, Aizawa makes his way into the room, not even sparing the other man a glance as he walks to the bed.

“Akir-” the man begins to say before he is interrupted by another menacing growl from Raven leading him to change what he was about to say. “Eraser Head, do something to calm that animal down so that I can do my job.”

Shouta tries his best not to grin at the obvious fear in the detective’s voice. “I don’t like him being here any more than you do, Raven, but I think you’ve scared him enough for the time being. Let him do his job so he can leave sooner rather than later.”

Raven snorts indignantly at Aizawa, but complies, moving closer to the foot of the bed and lays down, still eyeing the man.

Much to Aizawa and Raven’s dismay, the man seems to take his time explaining to Touya about viewing the boy’s memories, and once he’s finished reading said memories, he takes some time to explain about the situation with the memories to Aizawa before finally taking his leave.

“I can view all of his memories, including ones from his time as the villain Dabi, but something about being rewound has put a block on his ability to access them himself,” the detective informs Aizawa. “He would be just as safe for the program you and Nedzu have planned, but there is a chance he may get his memories back at some point because they’re still there. Just be wary. I still disagree with adding the girl to that program, but that is up to you and the Hero Commission.” A low growl resonates through the room at the thought of Toga not being safe for whatever program is being mentioned. “If you do add her to the program, I would suggest keeping her separated from this one in case her presence brings those memories back prematurely. Everything will be in my report.”

Aizawa nods in acceptance of the man’s statements, then the bastard takes his leave so that the only ones in the room are Aizawa, Touya, and Raven leading to a massive sigh of relief to come from both Aizawa and Raven.

“I hate that he’s a necessary evil in all this,” Shouta comments looking over at Raven. He smirks. “But it was definitely entertaining to see him so terrified of you. And, was it just me, or did it smell like he pissed himself?”

A Cheshire grin overtakes the wolf’s face as they nod before jumping back off the bed to begin pacing again.

“Recovery Girl told me that you’re worried about the others.” He sighs. “Obviously Shouto is fine back at the dorms. His things are all moved into Hawks’ house except what’s at the dorms. Izuku got to go home yesterday, but he promised to visit once you woke back up. From what the nurses said, you were pacing one minute, and sleeping the next, and you’ve been out for about twenty-four hours. Oboro and Touya finally woke up about an hour before my asshole of a father arrived, but Eri is still asleep.” He isn’t entirely certain that raven is paying attention as they are still pacing, but he continues anyway figuring that they can hear him just fine seeing as they’re in the form of a wolf. “From what he said about Oboro, and what I’ve been able to discern from talking to him, he has no memories past seeing the villain that killed him, none. It’s like he wasn’t even in his own body the entire time that he was Kurogiri because there’s nothing for the detective to even see. And Toga is less psychotic and has been asking to see her brother. I know you don’t want to leave Touya, but Vlad and I put in the stipulation that in order for Toga to see Monoma, you have to be there along with Denki and Hitoshi. You and Hitoshi specifically for the purpose of stopping her if she gets out of control.”

“Move my stray closer to here and I’ll go with. She’s not as bad as y’all think.” They roll their eyes at Aizawa. “Fear is healthy and good but in this case your fearing a neglected child dear Eraser.”

It takes Shouta a moment to understand that the voice came from the pacing animal, but once he realizes it, he finally understands how Recovery Girl knew that they’re worried about the rest of the group. “Toga is already across the hall, and Oboro is in the room next door to here.” Shouta points in the direction of Oboro’s room. “The only one they couldn’t move was Eri because of her situation.” Shouta smirks. “In all honesty, I’m more concerned that Monoma will hit Toga than I am of Toga doing anything. The boy has a lot of anger towards his sister for just up and abandoning him after their parents were killed. Vlad’s the one afraid that Toga will do something to his favorite student.”

Raven wrinkles her nose in disgust. “Man has a blood quirk. He should be the most understanding.” Ears pinned back she smiles “I’ll shit on his pillow when we get back.”

“Make sure I get to see it before he cleans it off the pillow, and I won’t say anything about who did it.” Shouta grins at the wolf. “We’re waiting on the go ahead to tell the family that Touya’s alive. While you were asleep, they did a DNA test on both Touya and Oboro. It’s really them.”

"I could've told you that, dumbass," Raven rolls their eyes. "I know my strays when I smell them."

Raven’s ears perk up the moment that they smell the coffee that Fuyumi enters the room with, and as soon as the door closes, they're in human form holding out their hand demandingly causing a chuckle to escape Fuyumi's lips.

"You were just as bad when Shouto was in the hospital when mom was taken away," Fuyumi comments on the anxious human. "Back then, I thought it was worry for Shouto, but it's something else, isn't it?"

“Hospitals don’t smell right. Bad smell. Too clean. Too chemical. Too white. Bad memories. Don’t like. Don’t feel safe.” They continue to make grabby hands for coffee. “Now. Coffee.”

Fuyumi passes the cup off to Raven before looking at her sleeping brother. "It's really him, right? I don't want to get my hopes up and get hurt again. I don’t want to get Shouto's hopes up."

They sip their coffee. “Ohhh this is going to be so bad for me. As for the boy in the bed, it’s him. It’s always been him. Don’t need dna tests to tell me that. He smells like Touya, reacted to me like Touya, and even before, he remembered me. It’s him alright.” Raven takes another sip. “Ooooh I’m going to regret this later. I’m going to vibrate through the walls with anxiety.  HA! But ya. Trust me I was shocked too. Didn’t wanna believe my nose but it’s him alright.”

Fuyumi, having long since gotten used to how Raven’s train of thought works, simply grins at the thought that she has her brother back before pulling out her phone to call Hawks. It's time for both of Endeavor’s prodigal sons to be reunited.