Chapter 13

Recovery Girl watches as the wolf, who she knows is Raven, whips its head to face her the moment she opens the door to the hospital room. She had finally been given the all clear to check over the former League of Villains members two days after the raid, and, after having tended to the blue haired one who reminds her so much of Oboro that she wouldn't be surprised if someone told her that he was Oboro, she decided to find out who the other one, that was so important to Raven that she neglected to return to Todoroki, was. She closes the door to the room and heads over to the windows to close the blinds.

"I know your secret, dear. I made sure that the doctors and nurses won't come in while I'm here," she tells the very anxious animal. "I'd like to speak with you if you could please return to your natural form."

Raven looks at the old woman and proceeds to transform into the normal housecat that they practically live as and raises her eyebrow, adding a brown eyebrow to their form just so they can.

"Listen here, you little shit. I wasn't born yesterday." Recovery Girl rolls her eyes and murmurs something about kids these days. "I know you're human. I've known for years."

Raven pouts but complies transforming into their "normal" self. "Aww come on can't the ball of paranoid anxiety have a little fun, granny?"

Recovery Girl shakes her head in exasperation. "First of all, you need some sleep, dear. Your eyebags are so bad that even Hitoshi and Shouta could never imagine matching them."

"SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK AND THOSE NOT FUELED BY ADRENALINE MY DEAR RECOVERY GIRL!" Raven screeches. "If I sleep something will happen. Can't sleep, must protect.... WHERE ARE MY OTHER CHILDREN?! My strays! Where are my strays!!!" Raven is vibrating in their anxiety making Recovery Girl fear for their mental state. " I can't leave Touya, but I have to see others. Help me please. I feel like I'm going to fall over. Reality is going sideways. Recovery Girl, halp please! Caffeine!" She highly doubts Caffeine of any kind will help anything that Raven is feeling. "CAFFEINE CAN SOLVE THIS! It won't make the anxiety or paranoia better BUT COFFEE FIXES EVERYTHING! Gogo juice! Weeeee....." Raven falls off the bed that they had been sitting on. "Ouch. I fell off the bed," they giggle hysterically. "Ahaaaaa, I'm not ok! Anyways, you wanted to talk?"

Chiyo rubs her face in exasperation. She's dealt with Shouta and his lack of sleep when Izuku is injured, but she has yet to experience anything close to this from the man, otherwise, Raven reminds her so much of the man to the point she mildly wonders if the two are related. "Normally, you stay fairly close to Todoroki, but you haven't returned to the dorms after the raid."

"This is Todoroki." They point at Touya. "Or are you referring to my son, in which case he's off getting 'married' and those are stuffy, loud, and awful; not to mention the hero commission will be swarming the place. He's with hawks, who's afraid enough of me that he'll be safe. Right now my strays need me. And the idea of leaving scares me more than being in this horrible place. Next question?" With a blank stare, they frog blink.

Recovery Girl sighs in absolute exasperation. "I wasn't finished with my question. Who exactly is the boy you're so protective over?" She gestures to the boy on the bed.

"Touya Todoroki a.k.a. Dabi. Next?"

First Shirakumo, then Todoroki Touya? How on earth are the dead coming back to life, Recovery Girl wonders.

"My son is getting 'married'. I'd like to watch some. Do you mind me turning it on for our talk?" Tv clicked on showing a dapper young Shouto and Hawks

Chiyo shrugs, not truly caring either way and walks over to the white haired boy on the bed. She remembers the day that it was announced that Touya had passed due to a quirk accident like it was yesterday. The boy had been so bright and caring. He would have made an amazing hero. Could this really be the same boy?

While she checks over the boy's vitals, wondering, like she did with the Shirakumo lookalike, why he hasn't woken since being rewound by Eri's quirk, she converses with Raven about what happened with the villains, how they ended up hit by Eri's quirk, and why they're so certain that this is the eldest Todoroki sibling who died ten years ago. Recovery Girl also notices that this "Touya" has all the same scars that she remembers. The same burn scar on his left elbow that had came from the day that Shouto had gained his quirks, and the same scar on his leg from the time Endeavor had brought him to a training ground at UA for some training, and he impaled his right leg on a metal pipe from showing off. If this isn't Touya, then whoever found a way to copy him did an immaculate job in doing so.

If it weren't for the quirk that rewound the two to the state they're in, Recovery Girl would think that the head trauma of being violently bucked off a horse would be the reason that the pair haven't woken yet, but the rewind quirk would have fixed that damage before rewinding them to the states that they're currently in. "Why exactly are you so certain that this is Touya?"

"I've lived as a cat for eleven goddam years. I know the scents of all the Todorokis." Raven replies indignantly. "I've known he was Touya since Dabi showed his ugly ass face at the training camp."

Recovery Girl nods in understanding and acceptance. "If this is Touya, does that mean..."

"That Kurogiri is Oboro?" Raven finishes Chiyo's question for her. "I wasn't sure until he was hit by the girl's quirk. The scent was buried, and I couldn't quite tell if I was right, so I just guessed and threw him at the glowing child. I was right, though. How is the child? Can she be brought here too? I need all my strays where I can see them. And Toga. Where's Toga? She's in the hospital, right? She wasn't taken to jail? She's not bad. She's just misunderstood and malnourished."

"I will see what I can do about getting them to where you can see them, dear. And Toga is still here. She's awake and being fed a cocktail of mixed blood with quirk inhibitors on. The doctors believe that she needs blood to live because of her quirk and have hopes that she'll calm down once she has enough in her system." Chiyo sighs knowing Raven isn't going to like what she has to say next. "The only one I can't get to you is Eri. She's being kept in quarantine to make sure that her quirk has stabilized. Right now she's running a high fever and hasn't woken up."

Raven begins to pace agitatedly. "What do you mean she's in quarantine? Can I see her? Isn't there someone who can break her fever? Can I go to her? Will they stop me? They can't stop me. I'M GOD!" Raven glances at Touya. "Fuck, I can't leave Touya!"

Between sentences, Recovery Girl can hear Raven panting like the animals that they tend to turn into, and watching their level of agitation and panic only leads to her worrying that they're one step away from a breakdown. "Do I need to go get Nemuri?"

"No, I just need my children all in one place. Get the rest of my strays here! I can't see them! I need to see them!" Raven starts whimpering like a puppy between sentences. "I can't leave Touya, but I need to see them!"

"I'll see what I can do, dear." Recovery Girl smiles at Raven sympathetically. "For now, I have to head out to check on Eri."

Before Chiyo can leave a stuffed wolf, that looks eerily like the form Chiyo saw raven in when she arrived, is shoved into her hands. "Give this to Eri. I know she's still asleep, but she needs it."

Recovery Girl nods and waits for Raven to return to the form of a white timber wolf before heading back out to visit the little girl.