Chapter 5

»»————- Alec's POV   ————-««

After the honey eyes girl fainted due the demon venom, i didn't think twice and quickly drew a healing rune on her neck. Yeah, i could've burned her or turned her into Forsaken, if she was a mundane, but i knew better, i had this feeling about her, and if she was a mundane, she would've died anyway due the demon venom, and the wound on the back of her head and arm, so it was the best shot.

I brought her back with me to the Institute, and layed her in one of the beds we have in the infirmary. I've been staring at her for a while, she looks peaceful in her sleep for someone who was almost just killed by a demon. She has light golden fawn white skin, her eye brows and lashes are golden brown, her nose is small and pointy, and her lips looks plump, smooth, and lightly pink. But all of this, i already knew since our first encounter at Sins, and i can clearly remember her voice singing that song, she sounded just like an angel. I shake my head quickly to get rid of my thoughts. What is wrong with me? She's just a girl, Alec.

I start to pace back and forth around the infirmary room, contemplating what to do with her. Everything that happened today was unusual. She's unusual. That's when Izzy walks into the room.

"How is she?" She asks me, looking concerned at the honey eyes girl.

"I don't know, she still didn't wake up. But her body accepted the rune." I tell her, still pacing back and forth.

"If her skin didn't burn from the rune, she must be one of us" She says assertively, turning her attention to me, but i furrow my brows at her.

"There's no such thing as new shadowhunters, Izzy." I state slightly uncertainty, and start to think that i have to report this to the clave.

"Well Alec, then what is she? Huh? I saw the seraph blade liting up when she touched it, but..." She retorts, but at the end of the sentence she looked confused. I stop my pacing and look at her, questioningly. "But what?" I asks urging her to tell.

"The blade... it glowed with golden light when she touched it" She tells me uncertainly. I frown. I've never seen this happen. Isabelle must have mistaken what she saw.

"What? That's impossible, the seraph blade only glows in one way." I remind her, still frowning.

"I must've have seen it wrong, Alec. But still, she's one of us, end of story" She states and walks up to the girl.

"What are you going to do?" I ask her with raised eyebrows.

"I'm going to clean and change her into something comfortable for now, her clothes are ruined because of the demon venom, not to mention the blood" She tells me, already moving into action. I look unsure of what to do. "What are you waiting for? Leave us, and go see if Jace found any information about her and the red haired girl" She rush me out of the room.

I huff annoyed and look one more time to the sleeping girl before turning around and leave the infirmary. While i make my way to find Jace, i think about what happened at Pandemonium, there's something different about this girl. The demons, looked obsessed to get her. Of course, they wanted to get to the red haired girl as well, but most of them, just wanted the honey eyes. There's something wrong about that. And i'm going to find out what.

I enter the Ops Center and find Jace looking concentrate at the computers screen. "Any lucky?" I ask him, stoping at his side, my eyes trail down the screen he's looking at, and instantly land to an open image of honey eyes

"Yep, Clary Fray and Aster Hope, both of them eighteen years old, and just graduated high school." He tells me, and points to the image of the red haired girl. "Clary Fray lives in an apartment with her mother Jocelyn Fray, who has a boyfriend named Luke Garroway, he's a detective at NYPD" he informs me, and successively, he moves his point finger towards the image of honey eyes, "Aster Hope is the adoptive daughter of Susan and Michael Hope, apparently they found her on the door steps of their house when she was just a few months old." I furrow my brows when he tells me the last sentence. "Both of her parents works traveling abroad, and she's a waitress at Sins, but she also sings there too" The last sentence i already knew very well. Jace finishes his summary of the two girls. And i nod at him, showing understandment. 

He then turns his full attention to me. "Alec, i think there's something about these girls,  so since Aster is already in the Institute, and we can question her later when she wakes up, i think we need to go find Clary. I say we go look into her apartment first" He tells me, certain.

"You want to go on a mission without requesting it to the Clave?" I question him

"No, i'm saying for us to gather information, before talking to the Clave about them, so we won't waste ours and the Clave's time. You don't even have to come with me, it's a small mission, i actually don't even consider it as a mission. I can go alone and bring the girl back, while you keep an eye on the other. How does that sounds to you, huh?" He retorts, and lightly pushes me playfully in the chest when he says the last sentence.

"Fine, but the moment we have enough information i will speak to the clave" I agree but give my conditions to it. Especially because i didn't like that redhead very much.

Jace smirks at me, and starts to leave, making his way to the weapons room "Do what you gotta do, Alec" Jace tells me, i huff and press my tongue against my cheek, turning my attention back to the computer screen.

»»————- Aster's POV   ————-««

I sat bolt upright and found myself somewhere completely unfamiliar. I'm breathing heavily while my eyes wander on my surroundings. I'm on a white bed, in a huge room with an arched wooden ceiling with murals. There's more beds scattered throughout the entire room. For a moment i think i can be in a hospital, but hospitals rooms don't look like this. I take the covers off me, and put my legs out of the bed, that's when I finally feel the slightly pain in my arm and the back of my head. I look to my arm to inspect it and there's nothing there though, not even a scar. I run my fingers along my arm, looking bewildered. I start to recall the previous events that led to my faint. I could've sworn i was hurt there. I start to want to freak out, because maybe, just maybe, from what I've seen, the creatures of my dreams actually exist. But i try yo control myself, probably because i'm in an unknown place.

I stand up from the bed, and feel a little dizzy when i do so, i take my hand to the back of my head, and notice, i don't have anything there as well. I slowly make my way towards the only door i can see around the room, but when i pass in a mirror i halt my steps.

I'm wearing long white shirt but with no trousers on. Where the hell are my clothes? I start to move again, getting closer to the mirror, thinking that at least i'm cleaned. But who cleaned me, though? I start to panic a little with the thought, but i try to control myself. But i fail to do so when i get a closer view of my neck. My eyes widen. "What the actual fuck?!" I whisper-shout. There's a huge tattoo on my neck, i lick my fingers, and rub against it, hoping it's fake. I know that's not really sanitary, but i'm kind of desperate here. I stop rubbing it, frustratingly and huff loudly. It's not coming off. I try to calm myself down, and think about it straight. I look really closer to it, and i realize it's one of the black marks of my dreams.

I think about what to do, but decide i won't find answers standing alone in a room i've never been. I make my way again towards the door, grab and turn the knob, quickly opening it, and walking out. But when i do, i run right into someone. More precisely, right into someones chest. When i look up, all i can see is his eyes.

»»————- Author's Note   ————-««
Yay! We finally have more of Alec's POV, which i love to write. In the next chapter we'll see a lot of interaction between Alec and Aster, so i'm really looking forward to it. What about you?
Don't forget to vote!
x~Binx