11.

**Iggy**

"You want to go visit your grandparents?" My dad asked me later that afternoon once school was out.
I nodded looking at my parents frowning.
"It's been a while and I do have another aunt I'd like to see, even if she is ten years younger than me." I grinned.
My dad blinked before looking to my papa.

"What do you think, Magna?" He questioned.
My papa was quiet before looking at me.
"Did you get your homework for those three days?" He asked me.
I blinked before nodding.
"Yes sir, it's all in my bag." I responded.

My papa frowned.
"And this has nothing do to do with Cricket being attacked, right?" He asked.
My blood ran cold sitting there.
I still needed to check on him.
I had no idea Ambrose and Dexter would even go after him or Zell, but they did and it was making me even more on edge about what was going on.

"No, I wanted to do this before I even found out about Cricket." I answered.
My parents were quiet before my dad sighed softly.

"How about you skip this bonfire thing this weekend, and instead we make it a week visit? We'll pack our things and head there in a few hours and stay until Wednesday, that will give you five and a half days away from Crossroads." He told me.

I nibbled my lip.
I really did want to go to that bonfire party this weekend, but if I didn't want to worry my parents about the bullying that was happening at school, I'd have to go along with what they wanted.

"Sure." I smiled softly looking at the two.
"I'll go back a bag." I responded leaving the two and made my way to my room.

I wanted to call Lawless and let him know I would be missing out on this weekends plans, part of me wanted to invite him to go with us, but I felt like some family time would do me some good.
I did at least text him to let him know so he wouldn't get worried later.

"All packed?" My dad questioned standing at the front door waiting to pull it open.
I nodded adjusting my bag as he smiled softly pulling the front door open but froze.

Two men I've never seen before stood on the opposite side looking around.

"Can I help you?" My dad asked pushing me behind him with furrowed brows.
The brown haired man attempted to look inside of our house, but my dad blocked his view with a frown.

"We're looking for someone, have you seen this boy?" He held up a picture and I tried to hold my breath.
It was the same boy I saw from my vision a few days ago.

My dad frowned at the image.
"No I haven't seen this boy before in my life, is he in trouble?" He questioned holding the picture to get a better look.
"Nothing like that, he just ran away from home and his guardian is trying to get him back, if you happen to see this boy, give us a call." He handed my dad a card with a name and number written on it.
"We'd appreciate your cooperation in finding him." He said now.
My dad nodded with a frown.
"Sure." He replied as the two men walked away from the house and headed to a black car.

I stood there with knitted brows at the grip my dad had on my wrist.
"Dad..?" I looked at the other who blinked before he released the hold on my wrist and looked at me apologetic.
"Sorry Iggy, I didn't hurt you did I?" He asked me.
I shook my head.
"I'm okay." I reassured him.
It made him smile but it wasn't meeting his eyes for a moment.
Now this?
Had me worried.

"It was weird, Magna." Dad commented in the front seat while papa drove down the road.
"You should have called for me, did they give you a name or anything on that boy they showed you?" He questioned.
Dad shook his head.
"No, just that they were looking for him, but Magna," dad looked at him worried.
"They were vampires." He told the other.
Papa frowned deeply.
"Let's try not to think too much about it, I doubt we'll even run into that boy and if we do? We'll decide what to do with him when the time comes." He said driving into Moon Rose.