04.

**Iggy**

"Goodness, when you said Iggy needed healing, you meant it." Emmy Adams, the mother of Dixie commented inside of the kitchen that evening.
Her blue eyes locked on my face as I frowned staring at her.
"And this was a hit from an alpha?" She asked looking over her shoulder to my parents.

"Yeah." I answered with a frown as Emmy looked at me.
"Were you provoking him?" She questioned.
I looked at the vampire with a deeper frown.
"No, I thought he could possibly be mine and Lawless's third partner, but he was quick to show his true colors, I mean.. The only reason he even punched me, was because I hit him first." I shrugged now.

"Wait." My dad looked from my papa who was talking to Jackie back to me with furrowed brows.
"You hit this kid first? Why?" He asked me.
My face was burning as Lawless made his way into the kitchen.
"Because he called me a whore." I looked away frowning now more embarrassed that I'd have to say it again.

"You're not a whore Iggy, there are just a lot of people who don't understand and there are some who it just disgusts so they respond negatively." I heard Lawless's dad, Jensen speak up looking at me now.

"But no matter how you look at it, that alpha still hit you like you were the same build as him, if he hadn't been a student not to mention a minor. I would have actually beaten the crap out of him." Jackie commented with his arms crossed.

Rocky glanced to his mate for a moment before his eyes fell on me.
"Going forward? Maybe avoid that alpha, obviously he's more hot headed than you thought, and the last thing I want is for my own mate to go to jail for murder." He smirked softly at Jackie who shrugged.
"Hey, these are our children, I'd do the same thing if it was Misha." He stated.
Rocky smiled softly.
"As our only son, I would hope you would." He teased.

"That reminds me." Ziggy spoke up now walking into the kitchen as he stood behind Lawless.
"When I went to grab Iggy, I may have overheard something," he smiled softly pushing his son forward.
"Is there something you two would like to share with the ones who are here?" He asked us.

My eyes fell on Lawless who was already looking at me.
I was startled at first but smiled softly getting to my feet and approached the other, who had no problem opening his hand for me to take before we turned to the others.

"We-"

"Hold on, please tell me you're not pregnant." My papa spoke up as my face flushed red standing there.
"N-No." I choked as my face burned holding Lawless's hand who smiled softly at my flushed face.
His eyes fell on the ones in the room.

"With the next full moon ceremony, Iggy will officially be mine and I will be his, we will be marking one another that night." His eyes fell on my parents who were looking right at me, it made me feel more nervous as Lawless brought us closer to the adults.

"As long as I have your blessings to do so." He said.
I looked at Lawless for the longest time before my eyes fell on my parents.

"Is that what you want, Iggy?" My dad asked me with a soft smile on his face.
I looked at him before nodding.
"It is, we've had this planned since we were kids, we even waited nine years like you told us to do." I responded.
I could hear the other adults chuckling but something told me, my dad wasn't the main one whose blessings were needed here.

My eyes fell on my papas who had been quiet since Lawless made the announcement.
Slowly, I removed my hand from my soon to be mates, before stepping up to the other adult.

"Papa?" I looked at him as his eyes moved from Lawless to me, it was obvious he wasn't ready to accept this.
The idea of someone other than him and dad protecting me.
It was a lot.

He studied me for the longest time before he finally smiled softly.
"The full moon ceremony is where I met your dad for the first time, things are definitely a lot different compared to then and now. I met him at the pond under the moonlight, your uncle was fully prepared to kill me that same night." He reached and placed his hand on my cheek, cupping it as he fully looked at me now.
"My point is, allowing Lawless to mark you as his means you'll be his full responsibility, as he will be yours. The two of you will be linked, that is what your marks tell others." He looked from me to Lawless.

"The two of you are exactly the same age Moxie and I were when we met and when we marked each other-"
"Yeah! Six days after meeting each other!" I heard Ziggy joke.
My papa looked over his shoulder with a grin.
"I'm glad you keep up with that stuff Z, because there's no way I'd remember how many days it took to make sure Moxie was who I wanted, even though he is and always will be." He shrugged.

"Smooth." Jackie laughed as if my dad were saving his own skin from being scolded later.

My papa looked back to me.
"I just want you to make sure Lawless is who you want-"
"He is." I cut him off looking at the other.
"He'll always be who I want, today, tomorrow and the years to come. He's the one papa, besides our third link, Lawless is who I want as my mate." I told him.

Our parents looked to each other as my papa smiled softly.
"You get your honesty from your dad, I could never be this honest with a crowd of people." He told me.
I blushed standing there.
"Yeah well it's not good to lie, you told me that yourself, but papa we need to know." I looked at him.
"Do Lawless and I have your blessings to mark each other?" I asked him.

He studied us for a moment before he sighed turning to Jensen and Ziggy who both shrugged with soft smiles.
"It's your call Magna, don't rely on us to answer when he's clearly asking you." Jensen teased with a smirk.
Magna grinned in response before looking at us.

"In two weeks, the two of you will connect this family, but please for the love of everything, do NOT get pregnant the first chance you get." He told us.

"Papa!" I hissed as my face caught fire and everyone went into laughter, even Lawless joined in, despite the two of us feeling awkward.
-------
"Foods done!" I heard Jensen announce later that evening while I helped my dad and Ziggy with the sides.
Jensen had decided on pork chops and a salad for everyone while I helped with the rest.

"Congratulations by the way." Ziggy spoke up walking with me to the door as I looked to the half vampire who smiled softly.
"You'll officially be a part of the family, just don't let your papa or Jensen give you a hard time about it." He grinned.
"They're pretty good about that." He told me.

I smiled before joining Lawless, Azalea, Dixie and Misha at one of the tables.