Best Friends and Lovers For Life

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again

Trent sang the song softly, strumming on his guitar as Courtney came walking down the isle. At the other end waiting for her, was Duncan. He still had that green Mohawk and piercings, but he managed to make the suit go along with it.

She felt her eyes tear up as she came closer to her husband-to-be. He grabbed her hands once she stopped in front of him.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered today to join Duncan Mariano and Courtney Rivera in holy matrimony." The service continued on, doing the typical wedding shenanigans. Then came the vows and Courtney accepted the microphone.

"Duncan. I love you. I've been in love with you since I knew what that word meant. Even when we were younger, I knew you were my prince because you always used to save me from the imaginary dragons. You've been there for me every time I've needed it and I can't even begin to sum up how much you mean to me. I'm gonna stop talking because I'm rambling..." The audience laughed and Duncan wiped away a tear from her face. Geoff then passed the mic to him.

He cleared his throat. "Courtney. You're my best friend. My first and only love. But most importantly, you're my princess. You balance me out, keep me from doing stupid shit and have always been there for me. Even when everybody else doubted me and judged me for who they thought I was, you never did. I've loved you since that first day you fell in the mud with me, the day we met. I will stand by your side through anything. But most importantly I love you. I love your smile, your laugh. The face you do when you get angry, the one that makes you turn red and your freckles stand out. The fact that you eat like a linebacker and don't care what anybody else thinks. You are smart, beautiful, witty. I know I want to have kids and grow old with you." By the time he finished, there wasn't a dry eye in sight. Including him.

The rings were passed out and the priest continued. "Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"And so you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do."
"Then I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Duncan made Courtney shriek in surprise as he grabbed her by the waist and dips her, kissing her softly. The crowd awed and cheered as Duncan then picked her up and carried her down the isle.

Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

This was a horrible ending and I'm sorry to leave it on that note. But I hoped you liked this short short story and I'm now working on my major projects. 😁