Confession

Duncan feels nervous as he walks to his locker. He hadn't heard from Courtney all weekend and wasn't sure if she would even talk to him. He had basically confessed his crush on her and she had left. Now he finally realized what it meant when people said something's are better left unsaid.

He didn't even notice her approach him slowly. He was too busy rummaging through his locker, not really paying attention to the contents he was taking out. "Hey." She said nervous, pulling on her sleeve.

He looked shocked to see her. "Hey...." He said awkwardly. He continued. "Listen I wanted to apologize for what I said in Saturday and I completely understand if you never want to speak-" Duncan was interrupted by firm but gentle lips being placed on his.

His eyes widened as he realized it was Courtney.

She pulled back and looked at him. He tried to speak words but nothing would come out. "You caught me off guard Friday. But the truth is, I'm in love with you. I have been for a long time. All the other guys I dated were to get over you because I knew you'd never see me like that. Turns out I was wrong."

Duncan just looks at her in amazement. "You love me?" He asks incredulously. Courtney smiles and nods. Duncan grabs her face and pulls her into the most passionate kiss, he would've taken her right then and there if they weren't at school.

"I love you too." He said as they broke apart. Courtney smiles. "So. When am I gonna get my official first date?" She teases.

"It could be right now...." Duncan jokes. "Do we have to ride on your death machine?" He laughs. "No."

She grabs his hand and leads him out to her car, smiling all the while.

I'm sorry if you guys were expecting this to be longer but I originally planned for this to be short. So this is the last chapter. I think I might an epilogue....?