Chapter 12: Parpaldia's Mistake

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eshas, Elysia
January 24th, 2400 / February 12th, 1639
Parpaldian Empire
Esthirant
Muan Embassy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Connor could leave this city which he didn't like, he had one more place to visit. 

Receptionist: Ah, Mr. Connor it's nice to see you. 

Connor: The feeling is mutual; I have come to see the ambassador. I hope he is not busy.

Receptionist: You are in luck Ambassador Mugei is here. I'll let him know your here.

Connor: Thank you.

----------------------

After a few minutes, Connor was in a meeting room with the Muan ambassador. 

Mugei: Ambassador Conner, it's nice to see you. What can I do for you today?

Connor: I have come to inform you that we might be going to war with the Parpaldian Empire. In the event of a war, it would be best if you and your citizens leave the nation. Otherwise, they may suffer the same fate as Parpaldia.

Mugei: I see. Thanks for the information.

Connor: Once the war starts, we will give you several days to get your citizens out of the country. 

Mugei: Alright, I will get on it at once.

Connor: Good to hear. I also suggest that you share this information with your friends in the Milishial Embassy.

Mugei: Ok?

Connor: That will be all. It was nice seeing you, I do hope we meet again in the future. 

Mugei: It was nice seeing you as well.

The two shook hands, and Connor left. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eshas, Elysia
January 25th, 2400 / February 13th, 1639
Altaras
Coast
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was well known throughout the 3rd Civilized area that no one was as powerful as the Parpaldian Empire. Its navy and army were the largest and most advanced. Those who didn't except Parpaldian demands. Such was the fate of many nations and many thought it would be the fate of Altaras as well when they rejected Parpaldia's demands. However, there was something that the galaxy had learned that Parpaldia had learned. You don't anger the Terran Federal Republic. In other words, don't attack someone they have sworn to protect. 

On board the Altarian ships, they were waiting for the Parpaldian navy to approach. The Navy's Admiral, Bordo knew that fighting the Parpaldians would not be easy. In fact, he knew that they would lose, he just hoped he could cause as much damage as possible. He, like many others, in the higher echelons of the Altaran military did not believe that the Terrans would come to their aid. They knew the strength of Parpaldia and that other nations wouldn't come to their aid and earn Parpaldia's ire. It was common for allies of a nation invaded by Parpaldia to abandon them in hopes that they would not be next. However, his suspicions were proven incorrect when the Terran Light Carrier FSS Midway arrived in the area.