Letters

Time skip 9 years later

"Captain Yami a letter from Captain William!" Asta yelled as he went to Yami's room. Yami heaved a sigh before sitting from his bed and opening the door to see Asta's grey head appear. He grabbed his head and clench it hard. "You dumbass know that I'm sleeping. You wanna die early is that it?" He threatened. Asta flinched, "O-Ouch!" Yami let his head go and slammed the door behind him before opening the letter. It was addressed to him from William. "Now what?" He asked as he read the letter.

Dear Yami,

  There's something I would like to discuss between the Captains. Let's meet at the park.

Sincerely,
William Vangeance

He crampled the paper and throw it under his bed. He scratched his unruly dark hair before picking up his tank top and his blackbull's robe. He went out his room to fetch Finral his personal ride. "What is it this time Yami?" Finral asked as Yami drag his ass with him. "Take me to the capital park there's a meeting between the captains. I have no idea why it have to be held in the park." Yami said under his breath scratching his head.

"Captain Yami, breakfast?" Charmy asked showing him a bowl of rice. Her sheeps are busy cooking many dishes for the blackbulls. "Not today Charmy. Maybe later." He said walking away with Finral. He opened a portal to the park and Yami went inside it. He was immediately teleported to the capital. The children were playing and some couples walk hand in hand. He turned and saw Charlotte standing not too far from where he is. She wears her hair in a bun under her helmet. Her usual attire composed of breastplate and boots. "Hey, Prickly Queen!" He yelled to catch her attention. But she seems thinking too deep and occupied with her feet twitching.

Yami will be here any minute. To think I'll be able to see him out of the castle and at the park! Charlotte thought her heart is racing fast her cheeks turned dark red.

"Hey Prickly Queen, over here!" Yami shouted. Finally Yami had enough and decided to approach her instead. He quickly went to where she is standing and immediately put his hand on top of her pale forehead. He earned a tiny gasp from her and she looked up to see Yami face to face. Her face turned red. "Y-Ya-Ya-Yami?! Wh-What are you doing?" She asked her cheeks getting redder and redder.

"Are you alright? You didn't heard me when I called you earlier?" He said drawing her near for a closer look that made Charlotte threw him away from the other side of the park. "D-Don't touch me so casually!" She yelled on top of her lungs blushing.

"You're hurting my fragile heart here." Yami grunted as he stands up after falling with his face first.

"You shouldn't sneak to me like that in the first place." Charlotte reasoned running towards him flustered and worried.

"Forget that, where are the other Captains?" Yami asked after regaining his footage.

"Now that you're asking, it seems suspicious with location to begin with. Why the capital park? What are we teenagers?" Charlotte asked borrows furrowed.

"Don't ask me, ask goldie." Yami said his cigarette twitching in his mouth as he speaks.

"Get rid of that cigarette you brute. I don't want to breathe anywhere near that smoke." Charlotte demanded covering her nose with her right hand. Yami quietly obliged and threw his unlit cigarette onto the ground. "It's not even lit." He muttered.

"Wait do you still have William's letter with you?" Charlotte asked as she rummage through her pockets.

"Nah, I threw it away after reading it." He replied scratching his stubble aching for another cigarette.

"Nevermind, I still have mine." She said before unfolding the letter. "This is not William's, there's no signature. How did I miss that?"

"Well, now that we're what should we do?"

"I don't know. What could we possibly do?"

"How 'bout we grab something to eat while we're here? I didn't have any breakfast." Yami suggested.

"A-Alright." She agreed blushing at the thought of dating Yami.

"There's a diner near that makes great noodles." Yami said. They walk in silence for a few minutes and finally arrived in a small diner. They sat at the counter side by side. They ordered two beef noodles and wait for a while before their food arrived. "Itadakimas." They both said hands clasped together. They started eating. Yami slurped the noodles while Charlotte carefully raised her bowl and sip the soup taking in the fresh aroma. Yami took mouthful of noodles and slurped it Charlotte was bewildered by the sound he's making. "What?" Yami asked when he saw Charlotte's baffled expression. "This is the proper way to eat noodles in our country." He explained before taking a big sip from his soup.

"Really?"

"Slurping is customary when eating ramen as it aerates the liquid, allowing you to taste more flavours."

She nodded and tried to slurp the noodles but find it hard as this was her first time. For she was encouraged not to slurp noodles as table manners. Yami's laugh resounded through the small diner. Charlotte stopped slurping and turned crimsom from embarassment. "This country you said you came from, what was it called again?" She asked regaining composure.

"The Land of the Sun. In spite of the country's name referencing the sun, the sky always has a thin layer of clouds. We call magic as sorcery. Instead of grimoires, the citizens use scrolls, which unfurl to reveal writing that manifest spells."

"How fascinating." She said before trying to slurp noodles from her bowl. "Don't you miss your family there?" she asked looking skeptically at Yami.

"Not really. I was pretty much alone my whole life." Yami replied shaking his head lightly. Charlotte nodded quietly thinking how lonely it was to be alone in a foreign land with no family. It must be tough living alone. The couple continued to talk about their latest missions and how their squads are doing.

"How's Noelle? Is she getting along with everyone?" She asked out of curiousity. "Nozel and his siblings has been tough on her but I hope she's doing fine despite all the mistreatment she's getting."

"She's fine, she's a tough girl than you know. Despite being a royal ass that is."

"And that loud boy with gray hair?"

"He's still rowdy than ever. Honestly, what a pain in the ass. He wakes me up in the morning with his loud mouth." He ranted.

Charlotte chuckled, "He seems lively." After that Yami payed the bill despite Charlotte's resisting and insisting on splitting the bill. They decided to walk for a bit at the park and watched the children play.

"Have you ever thought of having kids someday?" Yami asked all of a sudden, Charlotte was caught off guard. "W-What? The battlefield is my lover. No man deserves me to have me as his wife!" She blushed at the thought of bearing Yami's children. She never thought about it before.

"Geez, you're so uptight Prickly Queen. Loosen up a bit. If you keep this up you'll end up single forever."

"I-I don't give a damn about such trivial things!" She said cheeks flushed, fuming with shame and anger.

 "If we're both single when we're old, wanna take care of each other?" Yami asked casually making Charlotte's head turn to look at him with disbelief. How can he say things like that with a straight face?

"W-What?! I wouldn't be caught dead with you!" She shot back at him. He laughed making her head pulsate with anger. Charlotte felt her cheeks blush and hid a small smile.