The Briar Maiden's Melancholy

[~Disclaimers~]
• I do not own the characters I only own the plot and the first part of this chapter was based on their first meeting according to the anime.

• Do not steal or repost.

• This is purely fanfiction. Just a fruit of my fantasy.

• Not proofread so wrong graham ahead.

~*~

Chapter 1

Vines with thorns and blue roses sprouted everywhere breaking windows and trapping people with it. Charlotte's briar magic went berserk as it activated the forbidden curse that was laid on the House of Roselei.

Today is my eighteenth birthday but instead of worrying about my birthday party, I'm here stuck in these stubborn vines of mine. I tried to command it to stop but it wouldn't listen. It's like it has its own mind and will. It's own person. I tried moving to remove the vines that have coiled my body around with it's briars. But it's no use struggling to move. It slowly filled the House of Roselei wrecking everything it sees and covering it with its thorns. 

"It won't stop.... At this rate, the town..." she murmured as her body levitated above. "How pathetic..." she thought to herself, struggling to move. Her body grew weaker and weaker as her cursed briars covered her until she's entrapped in the darkness.

"I'm sorry... Mother and Father..." slowly closing her eyes and drifting as she let the vines swallow her in the darkness accepting her fate.

The sound of a sword cutting and slashing the prickly vines opened her blue eyes in surprise. Her blue eyes lifted to see the familiar dark magic user with his dark magic cloak katana.

The vines encircled her in a spiraling motion, she appeared to be both terrified and ashamed by her weakened condition. As he watched, the thicket knitted itself even tighter, engulfing her frail bodice. With a few precisely placed slashes of his magic-enhanced katana, he carved a path to her. She glared at him, disgusted.

She struggled against the bonds that held her still trying to break free from the curse that entrapped her.

"What the hell's the big idea, you jerk?" Yami asks in annoyance as his brow slightly furrows. His dull gray eyes gaze upon her weakened state as he puffs some silvery smoke in between his lips.

"You flung the pasta soup l was eating everywhere..." Charlotte shot him an angry look as she struggled trying to regain control.

"Yami Sukehiro? To think I'd let him see me in such a disgraceful situation... What a failure I am..." Charlotte thought disappointed with her failure.

"On missions, you're as cool as a cucumber and always raring to go. So what gives?" the dark magic user questioned.

"I like tough girls..." Yami confesses as he holds his cigarette between his fingers. "But it probably wouldn't hurt to ask someone for help once in a while..." he suggested as his eyes softened on her. 

Her blue eyes went wide as they met his eyes. Charlotte felt something warm building up inside of her after she heard those words. Something about his words struck her. Her heartbeat even ran faster as she continued to look at the dark magic user.

"Our Magic Knights Squad are full of strong people you can rely on..." Yami added until he noticed that the thorns and blue roses started to fade away. Like they were nothing but the ash of his cigarette.